Super Contributor

I would just like to say that I would rather get a root canal then to be a customer service rep at this time of year. They don't control QVC or the delivery services, but they get to deal with all the complaining people. Please remember Christmas is not all about material things. A late gift is not the end of the world. 

Honored Contributor

@Rose429   Pretty much agree except that QVC is "guaranteeing" delivery which is just wrong.  Unless it has its own trucks and delivery system it cannot guaranee anything.

Honored Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

I would just like to say that I would rather get a root canal then to be a customer service rep at this time of year. They don't control QVC or the delivery services, but they get to deal with all the complaining people. Please remember Christmas is not all about material things. A late gift is not the end of the world. 

@Rose429    Not a good time to be a CS rep for sure.  Get mad if you must at shipping mishaps but please don't take it out on the CS rep.  It's enough to just say you're angry; ranting, raving and especially profanity is not necessary.  Most businesses give employees permission to hang up if profanity is used.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  I agree, sad part is people don't realize once it is out of the QVC warehouse it is now in the hands of most likely multiple delivery services none of which QVC can assist with.  In this day an age you are responsible (no matter what the nice message gives you as a delivery date) to monitor the shipment.  If it was important you needed to keep tracking it.  I work in procurement I have to track shipments.  I would never ever let a supplier give me a date and not stay on top of tracking ESPECIALLY if it was important.  QVC only hands the material off to the shipper.  They get an ETA from the shipper.  They pass that on to you.  At the point that UPS/USPS/FED Ex whoever takes it...it's like after the QB passes the football.  It's totally up to the runner to get it to the goal line.  But people come on here and blast a company.  Yes they can give a guarantee but you have to order before that guarantee expires.  And again it takes maybe 3 minutes to track your order.  I would be calling the shipping company.  QVC cannot do anything about it except maybe offer a refund at some point.  They look up the delivery of your order the EXACT same way you do.   No mystery people.  They don't have a crystal ball.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Customer service reps

[ Edited ]

"They don't control QVC."

They represent QVC and a rude reponse to a customer is out of the question.  

I see this differently.  CS reps need to learn how to handle angry customers and NOT TAKE THEIR YELLING PERSONALLY.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I wouldn't want to stop angry customers from expressing their anger.  They have a right to do so.  

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 Yes but it's Q that makes this guarantee, not the CS reps. Those poor things just have to deal with the fall out of this unreasonable and ridiculous "promise."  It's not their fault.

Trusted Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

@Rose429    I agree.  I would not want that job.  I have to be fair and say that I have always been happy with the QVC Social team.  I have had a couple items that were reduced in price shortly after I received them... I contacted the team and within an hour got a response and resolved the issue.  Price adjustment was received the next day.  I think that is great service.  Also...I have purchased many Christmas gifts this year and everything was what I had hoped for.  QVC can not control every step of the shipping process.  

Trusted Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Rose429   Pretty much agree except that QVC is "guaranteeing" delivery which is just wrong.  Unless it has its own trucks and delivery system it cannot guaranee anything.

@kaydee50  Correct.  As I mentioned in a different post, once item is shipped it is beyond QVC's control, and too many things can impact a timely delivery.  Weather, for instance.  Unless QVC or any other company for that matter, are doing overnight shipping, i don't think they should guarantee arrival by X date! 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think a company should guarantee a delivery by Christmas when they have litttle or no control. QVC is way behind the times in shipping. I ordered from Sam's Club on Sunday and delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. I ordered from Target on Sunday and my order will be here on 12/23. I spoke with a customer service representative from Target on chat regarding a discount for my burthday. It was addressed and handled on the spot. They gave me a credit on my order instantly. They have amazing customer service. 

Although, it is not customer services fault they have put a target on their back regarding their guarantee. 

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee    Its not the fact that people gripe that's important, its the way they do it.  Yelling and screaming at a CS person is never acceptable and arguing doesn't help if they're stating company policy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment