Honored Contributor

Re: Customer call in testimonials?

Years ago I ordered a Royal Palace rug and was asked if I wanted to speak on air about the product. The prescreener knew I had purchased this product before and if I was ordering again I no doubt was not going to knock the product. I spoke with Carolyn and Gary and she monopolized the conversation.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

During the 50 in 50 tour of the 90's (think that's what it was called).

Bob Bowersox was in West Virginia, with the artist that was selling some hand made dolls.

A caller called in with some horrible insulting comments about folks from W.Va.

I couldn't believe it.  Probably the most hateful thing I've heard on live tv.

Honored Contributor

Years ago I spoke with Mary Beth and Dana from Dr. Perricone! Both were very nice, and yes I was asked a few questions about the line and products before I was put on the air.

Also many many years ago, when Judy Crowell was a host, I spoke to her and Darac from Prescriptives. She was very very nice, and so was Darac, and again was asked a few questions about how I liked the products and what products from the line I used,etc.......

I wasn't at all afraid, but it was funny because I have such an unusual name, my niece's friend happened to be watching QVC at the time and called my niece and said I think this is your Aunt talking on QVC. My niece called me and I said yep it was me-we were all laughing!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps because I live in California but I have been asked numerous times via the automated system when I place my order if I would like to speak with the host. I have accepted the offers several times.  I have also called in for live testimonials when it's been a product that I enjoy. (Serta Mattress & My Pillow)  I have always been put through.

You always speak to a screener, they ask you if you have used the product,  and what did you like about it. They request you to turn down your TV and then they tell you that you are next to speak with the host.

I have never been coached on what to say.

Honored Contributor

Since most of the programs are pre-recorded, if someone calls in and gets nasty it can be deleted out.  I tried one time and called in but I was informed they had enough people.    I actually was really bummed when I found out that most programs are pre-recorded.  I always thought it was live but now I know that it has to say "Live" in the lower right hand corner of your TV.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Since most of the programs are pre-recorded, if someone calls in and gets nasty it can be deleted out.  I tried one time and called in but I was informed they had enough people.    I actually was really bummed when I found out that most programs are pre-recorded.  I always thought it was live but now I know that it has to say "Live" in the lower right hand corner of your TV.  Cat Very Happy

Pre-recorded -- do you mean the main channel or QVC2?  @Katcat1 there was a period of time when QVC's main channel experimented (QVC's word) with pre-reorded shows, but they have been strictly live programming all other times.  QVC2 is mostly pre-recorded.  I may have gotten your post mixed up, I apologize, in advance, if I did.

Super Contributor

Here's my story:  Several years back, I happen to hear a very inappropriate comment from a male caller that was of a s**ual nature.  It shocked me!  Can't remember what was being presented.  Anyway, the host was Dan Wheeler - kudos to him, as he handled the situation very professionally.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  Like I said, it has to say "Live" in the lower right hand corner of your TV otherwise it is taped.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper  Like I said, it has to say "Live" in the lower right hand corner of your TV otherwise it is taped.

@Katcat1 I don't know if you are referring to QVC, but all shows on the main QVC channel are live. There is no "Live" in the lower right hand corner. As @Caaareful Shopper shopper mentioned, QVC toyed with some pre-recorded shows a few months back that had that to distinguish live from pre-recorded, but that didn't go over well so they are back to live shows 24/7 (except when they break Christmas Eve night & Christmas Day).

Honored Contributor

I’m not sure if calls used to be pre-screened. Years ago, a woman called in during a Philosophy show to tout the merits of Purity cleanser. During her 30 secones of fame, she started to mention that it removed her eye makeup so well that all her washcloths are permanently stained....CLICK. End of call. 🤔