Regular Contributor

Received a QVC Customer Survey via email regarding fashion brands on the Q. They asked what brands do I shop. What style/items do I tend to purchase and how often I watch/shop the Q. Answered the questions and towards the end it was all questions regarding LOGO. Questions like...

Do you buy LOGO? If not why? Give 3 words how you would describe the line.

Do you watch LOGO presentations. If not why?

They even asked if I liked the designer herself!

Regular Contributor

I just found the question format weird how it was very general and then it switched entirely to being focused on LOGO.....

Honored Contributor

@LancerHawkFriar I would like to encourage you to respond. As someone who a long time ago was involved with marketing questions such as you outlined, there is a very good reason for going from general to specific. In the case of the company I was working for, it was to determine whether or not to continue using something that the company was on the fence about. 

I doubt that is the situation at QVC with Logo, as they seem to highlight that product a lot; so, I am assuming it sells well for them.

I take the time to respond to inquiries like that, as I know for whatever reason they are asking, it has to do with a decision they are entertaining and I like to give them my input.

Respected Contributor

I worked for a market research company many, many years ago.  After that, I stopped answering surveys unless I'm compensated for my opinions.  The reason is that everyone is making money from my opinions, and I think I should get a piece of that!  I will do focus groups whenever asked.... they give a token compensation (usually $50 - $100, sometimes more).

As for this survey, with the focus on LOGO, it's possible that sales have declined, and they are trying to figure out the reason and how to correct it, or if they should increase or decrease the offerings/time given to the brand.  This is just speculation, of course.  It could be something else.

Esteemed Contributor

I find the last question most interesting...........do you like the designer herself?    Talk about a pointed question - wow

Honored Contributor

Why didn’t we all get asked to fill out a survey? I have a few choice words. If they only ask some customers, not a very fair survey and slanted results. May as well not bother.

Respected Contributor

Re: Customer Survey

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  I have no idea.... could be that they are targeting LOGO shoppers or past shoppers?  ETA.... also, since they don't control who responds, results will show the bias of those who do respond.  Could be people who love the brand or people who have gripes.  If the questions are well written and properly interpreted, they can hopefully minimize bias.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Why didn’t we all get asked to fill out a survey? I have a few choice words. If they only ask some customers, not a very fair survey and slanted results. May as well not bother.

I didn't get one either @Shanus  but I do not buy clothes , so maybe that is why.   I bought a few denim and company jean jackets a few years ago and a Dennis Basso Trench coat but that is about it.   I do not like LOGO.  That is just me.  I see no one wearing that style of clothing wear I live.   I have watched a few shows as I was doing other things, and did not like it.   I can buy clothes so much cheaper locally at a brick and mortor store here.  

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I didn't get one either @Shanus  but I do not buy clothes , so maybe that is why.   I bought a few denim and company jean jackets a few years ago and a Dennis Basso Trench coat but that is about it.   I do not like LOGO.  That is just me.  I see no one wearing that style of clothing wear I live.   I have watched a few shows as I was doing other things, and did not like it.   I can buy clothes so much cheaper locally at a brick and mortor store here.  

@BalletBabe  That may be the reason...went to Logo customers. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Customer Survey

[ Edited ]

Sadly I didnt get a survey--- wish I did Woman Frustrated  Interesting that they spot lighted LOGO and the vendor....

I wish they'd send the Customer Survey to active customers to see what they think of their clothing lines and go into detail like:

Which styles do you prefer-

Do you like short sleeve, long sleeve, 3/4 elbow sleeve, 

Do you like curved hems, straight hems, trapeze hems

What length of pants do you prefer?

And give a range of like to dislike of each of their respective clothing lines....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”