Super Contributor

Customer Service Has Changed At QVC (And Not For The Better)

I do not like that the invoices that come with an order do not show how much has been charged to my credit card if I chose the easy pay method. It just shows the total amount of the order. 

Then today I get my credit card statement and as I am going over it, I notice that an item I returned was credited back to me, but, they deducted the cost of the return shipping label which I had not used. So, in the past when that has happened, I would simply send an email explaining the problem and customer service would very shortly reply nicely and issue a credit back to me for that error. Now, today when I try to do that, it has all changed. The format is totally different and after filling in all the blanks, I hit send and it asks me if my question was answered ????? -- would not even let me send the email. I know, I could have just called and taken care of it much quicker. I just needed to vent a little, I guess.Smiley MadSmiley Mad 

Deep In The Heart of Texas
QVC Customer Care

Re: Customer Service Has Changed At QVC (And Not For The Better)

@moon_gazer

I am sorry that your issue was not handled properly. I would be happy to do the refund for you if you would please send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and include the order number.

Beth QVC

Super Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@moon_gazer

I am sorry that your issue was not handled properly. I would be happy to do the refund for you if you would please send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and include the order number.

Beth QVC

@Beth-QVC

Thank you, Beth! You are always so nice, but, I did go ahead and just make the phone call to customer service and it has been taken care of.

Deep In The Heart of Texas
New Contributor

Another observation about credit cards. A couple things consumers should know before commiting to QVC (Synchrony Bank) Special Financing. In order to make a payment dedicated to your “promotional purchase balance” (separate from your regular minimum monthly QVC credit card payment) you must first make a payment and then PROMPTLY call a QVC credit card account customer service and state how much of that payment you wish to be applied to the promotional purchase/special financing balance. Keep in mind, this must be done every single time you wish to make a payment toward your promotional purchase balance (PPB) AND there is a $10 charge each time a customer service representative assists you with this process over the phone. It is not possible to “split” your payment like this by paying online. You must do it on the phone. Example, if I have a $100 minimum monthly payment and I wish to pay an extra $50 on my PPB, I pay $150 online, then call, explain how I want the payment split, and pay an extra $10 to speak to a human. Every. Darn. Time. The customer service rep explained that the alternative is to call (pay an extra $10 for telephone payment assistance and tell them that you want a previous monthly payment applied to the PPB and that payment will be applied to the PPB, however, that amount will then be added back into your regular credit card balance. As you can see by the length and convolution of this post, there is much to consider and many questions to ask before agreeing to QVC special financing offers. Read the fine print, ask questions, and stay on top of it. Otherwise? The interest accrued during the term of the special financing and gets added into your account if you do not pay the FULL balance of your special finance purchase when the term expires. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@keesha123 wrote:

Another observation about credit cards. A couple things consumers should know before commiting to QVC (Synchrony Bank) Special Financing. In order to make a payment dedicated to your “promotional purchase balance” (separate from your regular minimum monthly QVC credit card payment) you must first make a payment and then PROMPTLY call a QVC credit card account customer service and state how much of that payment you wish to be applied to the promotional purchase/special financing balance. Keep in mind, this must be done every single time you wish to make a payment toward your promotional purchase balance (PPB) AND there is a $10 charge each time a customer service representative assists you with this process over the phone. It is not possible to “split” your payment like this by paying online. You must do it on the phone. Example, if I have a $100 minimum monthly payment and I wish to pay an extra $50 on my PPB, I pay $150 online, then call, explain how I want the payment split, and pay an extra $10 to speak to a human. Every. Darn. Time. The customer service rep explained that the alternative is to call (pay an extra $10 for telephone payment assistance and tell them that you want a previous monthly payment applied to the PPB and that payment will be applied to the PPB, however, that amount will then be added back into your regular credit card balance. As you can see by the length and convolution of this post, there is much to consider and many questions to ask before agreeing to QVC special financing offers. Read the fine print, ask questions, and stay on top of it. Otherwise? The interest accrued during the term of the special financing and gets added into your account if you do not pay the FULL balance of your special finance purchase when the term expires. Good luck!

@keesha123

I read your post & I have never called CS (or Synchrony) to apply additional funds included with payment to "deferred or promotional offers".  

I have used this incentive several times and never called.  At the actual Synchrony/Qvc credit card site (upon login) you can go to "payment options".  There you decide how you want your payment applied.  For instance, 

• all applied non-promotional balance

applied to promotional balance first then excess applied to regular purchases

and one other action.  You may want to check it out.

I have payment go towards "equal payment amount" on promo first and never have been short at expiration or paid any interest.

Occasional Contributor

Good to know!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@moon_gazer   I agree 100%.  I received two packages last week and none of the packing slips gave the price of anything.  The item, tax, s & h, nothing...  I assume I'm getting whatever it was for free??????????????, Mod........  

They charge you a fortune for next to nothing and can not even print the packing slips correctly..  They and their service has gone down the toilet, in my opinion...    

Respected Contributor

Not sure which is worse, not receiving one or receiving one that is not readable because the print is smeared or running together I've received several of these type invoices lately. My comment relates to the original poster of this thread.
Trusted Contributor

The other day I noticed that something I had purchased several months ago had never been delivered.   I don't know how I missed it, but I did.  I called CS and the representative I spoke with was polite, wouldn't credit my account for what I had been charged and just left it at that.  She credited my account BUT then re-ordered the item for me.  Company policy, she said.  Fine.  But I'll remember her caution that I only have 30 days to report a non-received item to be credited without having to re-order the merchandise.

Respected Contributor

The invoices are terrible.  I have complained before that they should show the easy pay amount so that you can reconcile with your credit card.  I do not use the Q card because I get points on my credit card (rewards) which add up when you buy a lot from Q and other places.  It takes me forever when my credit card comes to match order numbers to my charge invoice.  I have stopped using easy pay for that reason.