Frequent Contributor

I have wondered for a long time how some of these guests have the expertise to find/develop/recommend new "miracle" products from the far reaches of the earth? For example Dennis with Tweakd/Ojon, just to name one. He has a vague background "in the haircare industry".  (Don't know what ever happened to Ojon.) How does he find these rare plants, know that they're good for your hair and safe, and then turn it into not only a treatment, but a hairspray, and 20 other related products? And if they're only found in one tiny village somewhere, how they create enough to sell on QVC?  It makes a great story, but my BS detector always goes off for some reason. Can anybody enlighten me?

Honored Contributor

Re: Curious about expertise??

I've wondered the same about this and other brands (like Tarte too).  How do they get the rights to use these ingredients?  By the way, I think Denis sold Ojon to Estee Lauder (or some other company) and then he developed his new line.  Was at HSN for a while.

Esteemed Contributor

Your question is my reason for no longer listening to vendors who make over loaded statements - promises -  - - while they just read their q-card about 'clinical results' & keep showing awful pictures of - before and after.  Sometimes before pic is better than after.  Go figure.

Respected Contributor

I don't buy any beauty products from QVC. Over-hyped and over-priced! Too many false claims regarding 'anti-aging' products and other beauty items as well. 

Honored Contributor

@fthunt   I feel the same way about the before and after photos.  Hard to tell which is which and sometimes now the before look as good.  Also, the lighting is never the same.

Esteemed Contributor

Their expertise is sales, pure and simple.  Some of the prices just make you laugh.  Lots seem to drink the koolaid tho.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@fthunt   I feel the same way about the before and after photos.  Hard to tell which is which and sometimes now the before look as good.  Also, the lighting is never the same.
----------------------

I have thought the same thing!  Actually  have wondered - on some of the shots - if the pictures weren't mixed up!  Sometimes the before really looks better than the after!

Honored Contributor

I also dislike when they "slide that screen" to show before and after.  Hard  to tell a difference if there is one.  

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Their expertise is sales, pure and simple.  Some of the prices just make you laugh.  Lots seem to drink the koolaid tho.  

@Still Raining   You are SO RIGHT!!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Really, you stumbled upon some obscure ingredient in the depths of the jungle (or wherever the ends of the earth is located) and just knew at the moment you saw this glob of something, while sweating and being stung to death by a million jungle bugs, that it would make the perfect ________  beauty product. There should not be one strand of limp hair or sign of aging on any face in America.