Occasional Contributor

Hello all!   I pirchased a pair of the men's pajamas for myself in December.  I noticed that the blue color has totally bled and stained any of my white tshirs that I sometimes wear underneath.  It is mostly on both arms and shoulders.   Has anyone else had this prblem?   Thank God that I never washed these items with my whites!!   I know I could have returned them but was not up for that hassle,  I have bought many different items from QVC from food to electronics and have been satisfied, but unfortunately I am let down by the Cuddl Duds

Respected Contributor

Re: Cuddl Duds for men question

@Gman3 - Sorry to hear that you had a problem like that. I purchased three pairs of Cuddl Duds pjs for a family member this winter. He loves them. One of the pj sets has a blue, long-sleeved top to it. I recently washed it with other garments and had no color bleeding issues at all. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gman3 I have bought a couple items, including PJ's, for my husband. No problems whatsoever with washing. No bleeding or shrinking. 

With that said, rinse them with 1 cup of vinegar for a couple more washes. It should stop them from bleeding. I never wash my whites with colors. It's a good practice to follow. 

Occasional Contributor

Thanks to both of you... Yeah they have definitely bled on to my white tshirts that I wear underneath and its the electric blue-navy blue combo.   I appreciate the vinegar tip... I will try it!

Esteemed Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

@Gman3 I have bought a couple items, including PJ's, for my husband. No problems whatsoever with washing. No bleeding or shrinking. 

With that said, rinse them with 1 cup of vinegar for a couple more washes. It should stop them from bleeding. I never wash my whites with colors. It's a good practice to follow. 

@cjm61  even though @Gman3  never washed the pyjamas with his whites, I guess the vinegar would still help with the bleeding? All he did was wear the t-shirt underneath the pyjamas shirt.

I remember years ago this would happen with certain types of jean pants and white underwear.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gman3 wrote:

Thanks to both of you... Yeah they have definitely bled on to my white tshirts that I wear underneath and its the electric blue-navy blue combo.   I appreciate the vinegar tip... I will try it!

@Gman3   I could certainly see this happening with the navy blue.