Trusted Contributor

Credits for Lower price on item within 30 days

This past week I found a clearance price of almost $20 less on an item I ordered on 6 easy pays recently.

The customer service agent said they have been told to do the credit differently now.  A full credit for price difference is no longer done.  The credit amount is divided by the number of easy pays remaining and that amount is deducted from the monthly amount due.

Just pointing this out because you have to keep watch of the easy pays charged; or check your order history on-line under easy pay category to be sure that the easy pay amount is reduced.  My adjustment was made 3 days ago and still not on my order history.  Was told only Corporate Office can make these adjustments and it usually takes 5 working days.

I understand the purpose of this (I guess); but just creates a lot of work to monitor the change.

Just a heads up.

Honored Contributor

Re: Credits for Lower price on item within 30 days

[ Edited ]

@LogoFan 

Contact the QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com via email or post this in the 'Customer Care' forum to make sure that this is correct info.

A little over a week ago I contacted them re: a $25 price reduction on a jacket that I have on easy pays and was given the entire amount as a one time credit.

And I am still paying the easy pays on the jacket.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@LogoFan. The new policy allows them to use your money a little longer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@LogoFan 

Contact the QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com via email or post this in the 'Customer Care' forum to make sure that this is correct info.

A little over a week ago I contacted them re: a $25 price reduction on a jacket that I have on easy pays and was given the entire amount as a one time credit.

And I am still paying the easy pays on the jacket.

@KingstonsMom 

Thanks for the tip.  My experience occurred only 3 days ago on  the 9th, so it could be a brand new policy after your last transaction over a week ago.

I will copy and paste my subject into the emai address for Social team and see what they say.  This new process just make things more complicated for sure.

Honored Contributor

@LogoFan 

Please let us know what the social team says, TIA!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@LogoFan 

I have shopped since the beginning.

Whenever I have received a price adjustment, it has NEVER shown up in my order history/status.  Only shows on my credit card statement.  I wish it did so I knew it was done.

However, I always receive an email that the credit has been completed.

I had a price adjustment at the beginning of this week and was given the FULL amount even though I also used ez pay.  Not sure about this 'new' policy they were claiming. 

I also would be interested to see what the Social Team says regarding this issue.

I understand why they would do it...but agree it makes double checking your bill even more complicated!

Respected Contributor

Another reason my use of easy pay is few and far between. I find it very time consuming to verify and manage easy pay. Use of easy pay is no longer indicated on the invoice included with a package.
Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@LogoFan 

Please let us know what the social team says, TIA!

@KingstonsMom 

I did receive a partial reply.  Basically because my #1 easy pay was $9.80 and refund was $19.94, they could not refund in full more than I had already paid on the item.  This resulted in the adjusted future easy pays.

I asked a followup question which was:  If my #1 easy pay exceeded the amount of the credit I was due on my credit card, would I then receive a full refund without having any effect on future easy pays.  I presented that question twice and he just did not follow what I was trying to clarify.  I give up on it for now.  Will see what happens in the future if and when I am entitled to another refund/credit.

Kind of makes sense now why it was done in this way on this particular order.

Thanks for your interest.

Honored Contributor

@LogoFan 

Thanks so much for letting us know, as this is not how they handled it a little over a week ago for me.

It's much appreciated that you posted this thread and responded with your outcome, so all QVC shoppers here are aware of their almost constantly changing policies! 

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@LogoFan 

I have shopped since the beginning.

Whenever I have received a price adjustment, it has NEVER shown up in my order history/status.  Only shows on my credit card statement.  I wish it did so I knew it was done.

However, I always receive an email that the credit has been completed.

I had a price adjustment at the beginning of this week and was given the FULL amount even though I also used ez pay.  Not sure about this 'new' policy they were claiming. 

I also would be interested to see what the Social Team says regarding this issue.

I understand why they would do it...but agree it makes double checking your bill even more complicated!

@RespectLife 

Guessing your EZ pay amount paid already exceeded the amount of the credit you were due.  Also, the only reason I was referring to order history was because I have been checking the Easy Pay breakdown under that history to see if my future EZ pays on this order had been reduced to the proper amount for me to get the refund I am due in future installments.  Will just keep an eye on that.

Just like you, I have never had to refer to my history before; just got an email and subsequent credit on my credit card due me.  This is just a never before experienced situation.  I paid $49.86 + fees on this order, but 6 easy pays only required me to pay $9.80 per month and refund was $19 and some cents (great clearance price and good timing for it to happen).

Thanks for your comments.