Valued Contributor

I cut the cord 2 years ago and watch QVC on  TABLO -  OTA.    Monday (Mar 1)  I did a rescan -  many things changed. One is that QVC moved to what used to be JTV.

THe guide still says  JTV which isn't as much of an issue.

My primary issue is that there is an occasional  crackling noise on the new channel.  It is very annoying.    Cannot find QVC anywhere else  OTA.    I know it is on Streaming channels but that uses up my datacap -  I try to use the free tv whenever I can.. HSN is still fine.

Anyone else experience this? Any advice?

Respected Contributor

@LexaMom wrote:

I cut the cord 2 years ago and watch QVC on  TABLO -  OTA.    Monday (Mar 1)  I did a rescan -  many things changed. One is that QVC moved to what used to be JTV.

THe guide still says  JTV which isn't as much of an issue.

My primary issue is that there is an occasional  crackling noise on the new channel.  It is very annoying.    Cannot find QVC anywhere else  OTA.    I know it is on Streaming channels but that uses up my datacap -  I try to use the free tv whenever I can.. HSN is still fine.

Anyone else experience this? Any advice?

What is an OTA????

Valued Contributor

OTA  = Over The Air  (ie -  free tv using an antenna).

Esteemed Contributor

Read your message earlier but had no idea what OTA was either....Now knowing I'm thinking........

back in the day I recall static from some piece equipment causing interference with our TV - or something.  Perhaps it was a  florescent light.

Check your house for some piece of equipment running to cause your electrical 'noise'..........hot water heater - a pump - furnace - light  - or - it could be caused by an item your neighbor is running.

If you live near an airport - radar area - radio tower...... that most definitely could be the cause.

Start hunting...............LOL