Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Spurt    Assuming powers that be means politicians, I will keep wearing my mask and staying as far out of my old normal as I personally feel is healthy for me until I am convinced that the numbers of infections and the numbers of severe cases leading to hospitalizations are likely to stay down.

Covid just doesn’t pay a bit of attention to what those powers say — but I didn’t trust many of them prior to the pandemic and see no reason at all to think they have suddenly become clairvoyant.

@millieshops 

Your right, everyone needs to establish their own individual personal responsibility no matter what the municipality ordianances are.....just because someone says "jump" doesn't mean its right....

Also, so many people already have a made a decision and arent wearing masks anymore.... they have to deal with the results....

My friend had to vacate her apartment due to a bursted water pipe due to the artic storm catastrophe....she went to a hotel and said it was like covid never happened....all around the hotel, even in closed cramped elevators....she always wore her mask, took the stairs and used the disinfectant and sanitizers she brought with her....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt    When people make their own decisions about whether to mask in public places, those of us who might go to those places also have to deal with their decisions.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Spurt    When people make their own decisions about whether to mask in public places, those of us who might go to those places also have to deal with their decisions.

@millieshops 

Unfortunately that's life ....just like people who make the decision to drink and drive they impact all of us too.....(as far as Covid, if you chose to wear a mask at least you will have some protection)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

@millieshops 

Unfortunately that's life ....just like people who make the decision to drink and drive they impact all of us too.....(as far as Covid, if you chose to wear a mask at least you will have some protection)

Actually, @Spurt, it's more a matter of life and death.

As for the analogy, drunk driving is against the law.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Covid stuff

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

@millieshops 

Actually, @Spurt, it's more a matter of life and death.

As for the analogy, drunk driving is against the law.

@suzyQ3 

Sadly, people disregard laws or ordinances....

Drunk driving is also a matter of life or death too and even though its against the law, it unfortuantely doesnt prevent people from doing it....so many tragic results comfirm this with people with no license and multiple DUIS....

And in some states failing to wear a mask can result in being in violation of a city ordinance and a fine is levied and they still do it.....

Honored Contributor

@Spurt   It is life, but quite frankly I am finding this period of time more frightening than many other tense times I have known in my life.  I just wish it were Covid I fear most - I have established a life style I believe makes me as safe as I am willing to be when it comes to that.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

It's all part of a big public relations campaign to make us WANT all that stuff

..You are probably correct...I am saving one mask when this is over, otherwise they are all being thrown out at the appropriate time.

Respected Contributor

@bad4257Fear sells.  Simple as that.  It's ugly and repulsive.  The only way to stop it is to vote with your remote. 

Esteemed Contributor

Save your money Peeps.  Texas just lifted the mask mandate.  I imagine others will be doing the same. 

Respected Contributor

I am fully vaccinated now but I will continue to wear my mask and social distance because we don't know if the varients will be resisted by the vaccine. We also don't know how long the vaccine is effective. Not wearing a mask would be rude at this point in time. Most of my close family are in the process of being vaccinated and I look forward to family gatherings in the near future. I hope most people in Texas have enough common sense to protect themselves regardless of what their politicians allow.