Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@StraytoStay wrote:

I like it better than the Man Bun trend.

It IS the Man Bun trend....all the girls are wearing them now as well as the guys.

It IS all the 'rage' in hairstyles these days.  My salon has posters up with that style.

I know many of us would never wear our hair that way but it is current, it is trendy and I see it every where.

It has absolutely nothing to do w/ her being late to work or having dirty hair.

If QVC needs to expand beyond their current demagraphics...I guess reaching the younger generation and being 'on trend' (as they continual say) is important.

One poster mentioned being behind the times...sigh...I guess we are!  LOL 

I have fairly long hair but won't go past a pony tail!

Quite honestly, though....I never let a host's hair, clothing or makeup bother me!

If the "trends" were working (buns, leisure wear, cool, hipster hosts, etc) in getting the millenials on board with the shopping channels (any of them) it would have worked by now.

As I've stated here on occasion, I don't believe the younger set are the least bit interested in Mom's/Grandmom's shopping channels no matter who's doing the selling or what the products are . 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I'd look like a pinhead with one of those.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I think it does look kind of silly esp. with the bun on top but the rest long-just a knot on top of the head?

But I will say I've seen my daughter with a high bun the last several times while she is home and cooking and just hanging out together and I love to squeeze it! I think she looks so cute!

Of course I think she always looks cuteSmiley Happy

Obejectively speaking of course!Woman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

All I could think about was the "King of Queens" episode where Doug hated Carrie's bun and of course they got into an argument and she decided to wear it everywhere making him crazy....  I don't think buns are or ever have been a good look.... 

On anybody.....

@Q4u, this is exactly what I was thinking about too when I started reading this thread.  That was so funny.  Doug enlists Holly to tell her about the bun then she asks Deacon what he thinks and he tells her it's azz ugly.  ROFLOL

The funniest was when they were at the class reunion and they popped up the picture of the deceased librarian with the bun. 

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@StraytoStay wrote:

It IS the Man Bun trend....all the girls are wearing them now as well as the guys.

It IS all the 'rage' in hairstyles these days.  My salon has posters up with that style.

I know many of us would never wear our hair that way but it is current, it is trendy and I see it every where.

If QVC needs to expand beyond their current demagraphics...I guess reaching the younger generation and being 'on trend' (as they continual say) is important.

Quite honestly, though....I never let a host's hair, clothing or makeup bother me!

The "girls" are expected to try lots of crazy things, but Courtney is in her 30's and Jayne Brown I suppose somewhere in her 50's. Girls can get away with lots of things that mature women might want to avoid.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I only wear mine like that when I take a shower and don't want my hair to get wet

Know what you mean: when it's hot and I'm home, I twist mine in the back and pin it up. But like that, it doesn't even look as silly as Courtney's.

Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@StraytoStay wrote:

If the "trends" were working (buns, leisure wear, cool, hipster hosts, etc) in getting the millenials on board with the shopping channels (any of them) it would have worked by now.

As I've stated here on occasion, I don't believe the younger set are the least bit interested in Mom's/Grandmom's shopping channels no matter who's doing the selling or what the products are . 

Young or old, nobody I know is interested.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

When I wrote this, I was thinking of when I saw her recently with a bun on top of her head. But I just caught her a few minutes ago, and her bun was at the back of her head. It didn't look bad.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Re: Courtney's Bun

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

When I wrote this, I was thinking of when I saw her recently with a bun on top of her head. But I just caught her a few minutes ago, and her bun was at the back of her head. It didn't look bad.

@suzyQ3  The pulled-back bun hairstyle today on the cooking show is attractive although as soon as she came on I turned it off. Wanted to see if there were any new food presentations but cannot watch Courtney! I pulled up videos to see the top-knot with hair flowing around shoulders on RLM show--absolutely silly--it reminded me of Flintstones cartoons......its enough with her excessive and effusive Valley-girl demeanor, but that style.....she is the one host I will not watch....

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3  The pulled-back bun hairstyle today on the cooking show is attractive although as soon as she came on I turned it off. Wanted to see if there were any new food presentations but cannot watch Courtney! I pulled up videos to see the top-knot with hair flowing around shoulders on RLM show--absolutely silly--it reminded me of Flintstones cartoons......its enough with her excessive and effusive Valley-girl demeanor, but that style.....she is the one host I will not watch....

I can definitely say without a doubt, @ScarletDove, that whenever it was that I saw her with all her hair in a top knot, it was not a RLM show, if you get my drift. But that's a whole different subject. :-)