Esteemed Contributor

I think they're keeping Courtney busy on insomnia schedule. Not everybody is naturally skilled to be a TV shopping host. No matter how much training they get. There's basic selling information that must be given, and she hasn't gotten that yet. Instead, she appears to think selling involves just talking. It's annoying to not get pertinent information. Cuteness will only go so far in the game of selling. 

Super Contributor

I am replyng to the comment that was made here that the hosts make a commission on what they sell. Three years ago I took the"all access back stage tour" of the QVC studios with my family members. It was an eye opening experience, and well worth the money spent. They certainly do have an impressive operation. We even met Valerie Parr Hill as she and her assistants were packing up her items from a set. She is as gracious in person as she is on air. Our tour guide made it a point to specifically state that the hosts ARE NOT paid a commission on what is sold while they are on air. The hosts do have special monitors that show them how sales are going for the item that is currently being sold on air at the time, so I wouldn't doubt if their producer is in their ear telling them to push the item, or if it is not selling well, to wrap it up.

Respected Contributor

Courtney seems completely out of place with Valerie -- clothing-wise and comment-wise.

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed as it is over two years old...