Honored Contributor

Courtney is the host for the late night Valerie Parr Hill show. She just asked the producer to order her two of one item. She then told us that she saved half off her shipping and handling because she ordered two. Does anyone else receive that discount? 

Honored Contributor

They used to do that, but I don't think they do any longer since they went to the $3 S&H charge for most items. 

Valerie is so gracious. Someone will have to let me know who wins the "who says y'all better" challenge. Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

Courtney is the host for the late night Valerie Parr Hill show. She just asked the producer to order her two of one item. She then told us that she saved half off her shipping and handling because she ordered two. Does anyone else receive that discount? 

Cannot believe Courtney would say that?!? That is such an obvious clue that her "ordering" was such a FIB!!! She got caught in a complete lie and probably does not even realize it. QVC no longer offers a reduced shipping & handling discount if you order more than one of the same item.

Poor Valerie. She should have been paired with somebody else. These 2 just don't mesh. Courtney tries way too hard all the time. And now I certainly don't trust anything that comes out of her mouth. It's all for sales. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Courtney and Valerie

[ Edited ]

Nope. They stopped half shipping costs for multiple purchases many months ago.

i think it is not proper for hosts to order when on air. They are prevy to clearance and to what will air weeks ahead of time.

they get a 35% discount on their purchases too. So maybe they still get half shipping too would not surprise me.

Regular Contributor

It is all about sales for just about every host. Besides their high salary, 35% discount, they get paid commission on the items sold as well.

Respected Contributor

@K a QVC fan wrote:

It is all about sales for just about every host. Besides their high salary, 35% discount, they get paid commission on the items sold as well.

Wow!  Really?  Sounds like a great job to me.  How long have you worked at QVC?

Frequent Contributor

I totally agree!

Honored Contributor

@K a QVC fan wrote:

@K a QVC fan your info is quite specific.  Care to quote your source?

Honored Contributor

I doubt very much if Courtney buys much from the Q even with her discount, she's too young and hip. I do believe the hosts and employees in general at the Q have their perks and the hosts could not live and travel the way they say they do without a very generous salary.

Respected Contributor

@K a QVC fan wrote:

Are you sure that they are paid commission on items sold?  If that's the case, I will begin to order only when a host I really like is presenting.  No more of this ordering just because "Susie Q"  is showing it right now.