Trusted Contributor

They were the best! 

I remember how loud they were running down the stairs!Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor
Loved them! I think the the noise they made was the best part, LOL!!
Valued Contributor
I ordered the leopard espadrilles from the Dr Scholls show. I had the 70s style sandals in my cart until I saw the buckle was hook & loop!! NO!!! I could deal with them not being wood anymore & being flexible but I draw the line at the fingernail breaking stiff buckle being replaced with the hook & loop!! I have my standards!! 🤣🤣🤣
Esteemed Contributor

@spursfan2 wrote:
I ordered the leopard espadrilles from the Dr Scholls show. I had the 70s style sandals in my cart until I saw the buckle was hook & loop!! NO!!! I could deal with them not being wood anymore & being flexible but I draw the line at the fingernail breaking stiff buckle being replaced with the hook & loop!! I have my standards!! 🤣🤣🤣

@spursfan2  I did the same thing and passed.  Had they truly been the original I would have bought them in a heartbeat if just to wear them around the house and relive some great memories.  I had red and blue from the drug store.  "The copy is never as good as the original"  

Valued Contributor
@mspatmac I still have my red and blue ones!!! I've had them since the 80s & they are still in great shape!! I dont wear them much but I cant part with them. Funny I guess to be sentimental about shoes.
Contributor

I remember them and had a few pairs. I found them to be slippery and I had to curl my toes when I walked in them so they wouldn't fall off.  

Valued Contributor
You were supposed to curl your toes. That was one of the "features" that made them an exercise sandal. 🙂
Esteemed Contributor

@Maddie64 wrote:

I remember them and had a few pairs. I found them to be slippery and I had to curl my toes when I walked in them so they wouldn't fall off.  

that was part of the exercise they were supposed to provide....i remember my calves hurting after wearing them at the beginning of the season!