Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@manny2 

Because it is the law, that's why!  Companies are prohibited from divulging medical information on employees!  It is NOT our business unless contact tracing determines we have been exposed.  QVC would open themselves up to lawsuits!

@proudlyfromNJ 

If I choose to give out my medical info, that is totally acceptable.  And understandable to let friends and family know.

But as I stated, due to Hippa laws, companies, doctors, pharmacies, a medical facility etc. are prohibited to do so.  That's what I meant when I said it shouldn't be divulged under any circumstances ....companies etc can't.

If a host wants to post it on their FB/Social media etc...okey dokey...but QVC can not do so.

@RespectLifeWe all know and understand what Hippa Laws are. Reread my post I said why not tell the truth, as they tell us over and over again every detail of their lives.

If there is one thing I have learned it's most people do not listen, and in this case read the post.

Honored Contributor

@manny2 

I guess you are just not understanding what I said.

You wrote "Why not tell us the truth?"  The HOSTS can.  QVC can NOT!!!

It is apple to oranges.....YES, the hosts tell a LOT about their lives.  Yes, they could certainly divulge if they had Covid.  So can I or you, babble it all over social media if we want.

COMPANIES CAN NOT....nor can schools, docs, medical facilities etc.

QVC can NOT break the law by posting or stating ON AIR or ON Line the medical condition of ANY employee!

You are talking about something completely different and I did state the difference between the two!

Maybe you are not reading my posts correctly.  I thought I made it crystal clear but apparently not.

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife I never once said QVC, my reference is to the host. Once again we all know what the Hippa Law is, and we would not expect QVC to make that kind of announcement without permission. 

I am breaking my own rule by coming back and answering a post. It never resolves anything, but just goes around and around. 

Valued Contributor

wow, taking each other to task about laws....at least TRY to get the abbreviations correct: HIPAA LAWS, not 'hippa'. SMH on so called SME's.

Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act

Honored Contributor

Re: Courtney Khondabi

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@manny2 

Because it is the law, that's why!  Companies are prohibited from divulging medical information on employees!  It is NOT our business unless contact tracing determines we have been exposed.  QVC would open themselves up to lawsuits!

@proudlyfromNJ 

If I choose to give out my medical info, that is totally acceptable.  And understandable to let friends and family know.

But as I stated, due to Hippa laws, companies, doctors, pharmacies, a medical facility etc. are prohibited to do so.  That's what I meant when I said it shouldn't be divulged under any circumstances ....companies etc can't.

If a host wants to post it on their FB/Social media etc...okey dokey...but QVC can not do so.

*edited to add emphasis on previously misread statements.

Deleted.

Respected Contributor
Why are people getting so passionate and hyper w/ their postings. Stop jumping on 1 another. Life is too short. Aside from all the Hippa talk, Courtney has been gone for approx a month. So, like another poster mentioned, I’m assuming she traveled over holidays and is in quarantine or unfortunately got Covid. You wouldn’t be out for a month on Q during a busy time, and to my knowledge, no one has really has mentioned her or return date.
Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
Why are people getting so passionate and hyper w/ their postings. Stop jumping on 1 another. Life is too short. Aside from all the Hippa talk, Courtney has been gone for approx a month. So, like another poster mentioned, I’m assuming she traveled over holidays and is in quarantine or unfortunately got Covid. You wouldn’t be out for a month on Q during a busy time, and to my knowledge, no one has really has mentioned her or return date.

@KKlim  You are right. My 2 posts except for this will be gone. 

Honored Contributor

@MandyG06 wrote:

wow, taking each other to task about laws....at least TRY to get the abbreviations correct: HIPAA LAWS, not 'hippa'. SMH on so called SME's.

Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act

@MandyG06 

Blame autocorrect, I was sick of going back and trying to re-fix so I left it.

Respected Contributor
@proudlyfromNJ..I just hate to see people getting nuts over unimportant things, when we have too much else to be stressed about today. It’s not healthy. I have to remember to follow my own advice during my work days.. lol..
Respected Contributor

People are on edge and anxious because of all the terrible things going on in the world. If Courtney or Shawn has Covid, I wish them a safe recovery.