Frequent Contributor

Re: Courtney Getting Married

And the Winner is???? Let me guess, QVC!!!!!
Frequent Contributor

Who cares?!?! With everything going on in the world these days Courtney's wedding is important because...???
Respected Contributor

I view this as another way for QVC to exploit their hosts to sell more products. I think that Courtney is a lovely girl. Can't believe that she has agreed to participate in this sham. Sad that QVC has sunk to this level to exploit their customers and one of their hosts. Honestly, don't we all have things going on in our personal lives that are much more important to us than Courtney's wedding. I truly feel sorry for her because I don't think she would choose to be involved in this crazy charade. And, I feel sorry for people who get caught up in this because she and QVC could not care less about their input and opinions. Very tacky in my opinion. Sorry Courtney if you are offended by this post.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

On 7/27/2014 chrystaltree said:

Don't know, don't care. The younger hosts share all the events of their lives with Q shoppers. I don't know why. I supposed it makes them feel like celebrities.

Yeah....all those younger hosts doing all that nasty sharing. It like Jane Treacy who's brand new...only bee at the Q 25 years or something like that constantly telling us everything that goes on with her family. Or maybe the many vacations that Lisa (who's also brand new with 20-plus years at the Q) showing pictures of her vacations and doing shows showing us her home.

No one is making anybody take part or listen to any of the promotional things that the Q puts on the air. I happen to like Courtney, but I'm not getting invested in her wedding other than to wish her will. She seems sweet and I'm sure the Q is the one who wanted to promote her wedding. She probably could have nixed it, but maybe thought it was a way to not have to answer a bunch of individual questions. I know if she never mentioned it, there would be a million threads wondering why.

Honored Contributor

For what it's worth:

1) If NOBODY commented or participate in those "join the wedding cr AP" then it would stop. Betcha. But people do because, well, we're "family here". *makes puking sound*

2) Anyone who thought this up OR agreed to go with it is tacky. Clueless. Classless. Fill in with your own word showing just how much taste they don't have.

This kind of oversharing is the new way of the world; or so we are told. It can only be shared if people agree to it. What does that say about them? Just asking.....

Super Contributor

I know Courtney was on 'say yes to the dress' so she's definitely going public on her wedding. I think Mark Zunino designed the dress. I wonder why people want all this publicity. Remember Star Jones from the View? Look how that ended!!
Contributor

That promo about it is sooooo phoney!