Trusted Contributor

I think I noticed a baby bump.  I could be wrong.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's baiting

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I asked a simple question.  If you don't care there's no need to be involved.  That’s your business but I’ll find someone else to talk to about it.

@HonestLife did not make a "complaint."  Just a simple question.  Is there something wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with you asking @rms1954 .

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

I asked a simple question.  If you don't care there's no need to be involved.  That’s your business but I’ll find someone else to talk to about it.

@HonestLife did not make a "complaint."  Just a simple question.  Is there something wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with you asking @rms1954 .

Thanks.  I really feel so unwelcomed on these forums lately.  One can't even have a simple thought or question and within seconds they come out of the woodwork and you get this

Cartoon of Hand with Baseball Bat Beating Man or Businessman into Head and  Hammering Him into Ground. Stock Vector - Illustration of furious,  competitor: 146451023

Honored Contributor

Re: Courtney Cason

[ Edited ]

@HonestLife wrote:

@rms1954  Again with frivolous complaining. A single misspoken phrase, call up the national guard 🙄

I understand @rms1954 : If someone earns their living speaking and selling products then viewers expect a certain level of professionalism regarding grammar, and common known phrases, otherwise its known as malaprop (the mistaken use of a word in place of a similar-sounding one, often with unintentionally amusing effect).....Comedian Norm Crosby made a successful career out of his malaprop routine, but it's not necessary a good thing for a shopping channel vendor representative....and shows a lack of preparation....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Actually, I think both ways make sense.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Re: Courtney Cason

[ Edited ]

@rms1954  Please feel free to make your complaint. Everyone can complain. I'm not sure it will help as if hosts or representatives don't know proper English by now I doubt if they will learn. And yes, they need to study what they will present and learn pronunciation. 

Respected Contributor

I'll jump in with a "gripe" about another former host.  Stacy Stauffer (sp?) was on recently and kept saying MARSkapone.  Grab a dictionary, honey.  You're misplacing the R.  Smiley Happy  Mascarpone.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@rms1954  Please feel free to make your complaint. Everyone can complain. I'm not sure it will help as if hosts or representatives don't know proper English by now I doubt if they will learn. And yes, they need to study what they will present and learn pronunciation. 

Thanks.  But it was NOT a complaint.  I just wanted others opinions or clarifications.  I did some further research and I guess it's all in the way you use it.  

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Actually, I think both ways make sense.

I think you are correct.  I did further research.  I feel she used it incorrectly in her sentence.  

She kept saying "Not a force to be reckoned with"  

So, a force to be reckoned with is someone or something that should not be ignored or dealt with lightly. The phrase is used to refer to people or things that are powerful, influential, and maybe even dangerous. It's often used as a way of warning someone not to underestimate such a person or thing.