New Contributor

Re: Country of origin info, please!

And now we know the Italian tannerys are owned by China. That's why the virus spread there so fast. Flights between China and the cities with tanneries. 

Regular Contributor

Saying this is not going to happen folks is closed minded. It can happen. We need to bring manufacturing back to our great country. 

Valued Contributor

@reallycoldfeet wrote:

I too would like country of origin to be listed.  I would also like QVC to buy from more american companies.  I will pay the price. I feel some of the clothes are too expersive  now coming from foreign countries, expecialy the designer clothes like LOGO.  Shoes too are getting outragious. 

Not needed because everything is made in CHINASmiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure it's because they know a lot of customers do not want items that are made in China and especially now that they have well infected pretty much the world !!!!!!!!  I do want to know where items are made now and if the origin is China then not coming to my house !   Thing is can't know for sure if not listed .  It will be hard to shop even in stores once open again as most decor items and many other items are made in China.   This must change and I hope it can happen at some point.

Valued Contributor

No more Made in China if I know and can help it!!!  Hope some of the brands sold on QVC that I like will cease having their products made in China and so inform us!

Trusted Contributor

Ha!  I bet everything they sell is made in China, Thailand, or Cambodia.

Respected Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

Ha!  I bet everything they sell is made in China, Thailand, or Cambodia.

I agree.  Even our own Govt had a love affair with the cheap Chinese goods - look at how many of our medicines were manufactured there.   There needs to be a gradual withdrawal of importing goods from the Chinese.  If it costs 20 percent more, so be it.  We cant be so vulnerable again.

Contributor

I agree 100%!

Contributor

Yes, they will lose business if they don't stop importing everything from China. I would say our buying habits will be drastically different now, and while products do not have to be made in the USA (though that would be best ) they will need to come from ANYWHERE other than China if QVC wants to keep its customer base. I will not be buying anything  made in China, despite the great inconvenience of that position.

Contributor

Things have changed. I suggest that QVC listen now. People are refusing to buy from China, no matter the inconvenience. I am one of them.