Respected Contributor

Country of origin info, please!

I seriously wish the Q would state the country of origin of products instead of just stating "imported".  There are certain countries that I would like to personally boycott.  I realize it's very easy to just use the word imported instead of taking the extra step to disclose exactly where products are made.  However, I think it's an important bit of info that should be made available. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Country of origin info, please!

there was a time when the country was listed. i guess it takes too much time to type in 'made in china'. not LOL

Respected Contributor

Even easier.  Say "Made In USA" on any product that is.  Leave the others blank.  With TV Shopping Channerls, no one will have to type much if anything, because TV Shopping Channels have very few "Made In USA" products.

Contributor

Yes, please replace "imported" with the country's name. It's important to me to know this information, also. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

unless it says otherwise assume it's China 

Valued Contributor

I think the only country of origin emphasized is Italy...Italian jewelry.  If you are proud of the product you give all of the information which means QVC needs to tell us country of origin so we can decide if we want to buy.

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

I think the only country of origin emphasized is Italy...Italian jewelry.  If you are proud of the product you give all of the information which means QVC needs to tell us country of origin so we can decide if we want to buy.

It's not just QVC,almost all of them will emphasise Italy for jewelry. I'm Italian but I love gold from the middle east.  Gem Shopping does almost all the time, but gems (and the value of) depends on where it was mined.  You would want a Sapphire from Ceylon and not Montana for example.  As for clothing....well 80% of clothing is made in Asia.  If not China, a neighboring country.  Since the beginning of synthetic fibers, the poorer the country, the better to make a profit. So I can understand why American companies would rather go abroad.  I only buy American made jeans.  But I pay a lot for that jean.  QVC has factories in China.  It stands to reason why they say imported.  It's all imported from China.

Honored Contributor

My thought is that they fear many sales would be lost if the country of origin was listed, in many cases.

Respected Contributor

@Gabidog 

I always just shake my head when Dooney bags are being shown!  The host and vendor consantly say the leather is Italian, but they never say the bag was actually made in China.  Wonder how many people think the bag was made in Italy, not China.  I bet there are many who are duped, especially first time buyers.   IMO, that is very close to deceptive advertising.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's the thing though.

Say a company called Wanda's Wonderful Wardrobe designs a shirt.

That shirt could be made in several different countries.

So instead of listing where each individual shirt was made, they just list "imported" to cover all countries .

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.