Respected Contributor

Could anyone tell me what happens to 'lost' returns?

I packaged up my Honora TSV in the original QVC packaging, put on their label that comes with the invoice and took it to the post office on 12/9. I put it in the slot inside the post office.

This is 12/18 and there is no record of a return on my account or refund on my credit card.

I called customer service yesterday, waited on hold an hour and had to hang up. Then I sent an email. Got a generic we are busy and will get back to you etc.

This has never happened to me before.

Any advice/experiences would be appreciated.

Many thanks and happy holidays.

Honored Contributor

Re: Could anyone tell me what happens to 'lost' returns?

Nine days it not a lot of time, the post office and QVC are very busy this time of year. I would give it until after the holiday 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I found the Q's return label to be so incredibly slow getting the item back to Q and receiving credit, that I won't use them at all.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

QVC return labels take a really long time to arrive.  It may take 10-14 days before it reaches Q, so I wouldn't say it is lost, more like en route.  This time of year the delivery services are swamped and so is Q customer service. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know what happens to a lost item, but I doubt this one is lost.

Shipping is a mess right now and it's not just QVC - and even under many circumstances, that return is within QVC's old 17-day promise.  I haven't heard that for a long time, but I wouldn't be losing sleep yet.

Honored Contributor

I mailed a Christmas card to my sister on 12/9 from the post office near me here just outside of DC.  It took 8 days to reach her in Northeast PA.  I admit, it was heavier than usual, but I put "tons" of postage on it!  But seriously.....8 days for 1st class mail??????

Honored Contributor

I dropped something in the mail last Wednesday to be returned to QVC.  I used their packaging and their return label.  I received an e-mail yesterday that my return had been credited. 

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Nine days it not a lot of time, the post office and QVC are very busy this time of year. I would give it until after the holiday 

I agree. I don't even start to worry about something until 2 weeks pass, especially around the holidays. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you very much for your replies. I feel much better. It seemed to me in the past that when I returned something using the QVC label I received an email saying the package had been scanned at the post office and they knew it was on it's way back.

I will just be patient. Thank you all for taking the time to answer my question.

Happy holidays to you all!

Valued Contributor

Hi @wonderfulworld,

Sorry to hear that, our Customer Service Department gets overwhelmed at times during the holiday season. I apologize for that. It sounds like your item may have gotten lost in the mail or possibly in our warehouse, which sometimes happens. If you e-mail us at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com we can look into this for you and get it sorted out shortly.  

Brittany