Valued Contributor

Cost of return using Q label

I have a question. When using the Q return label it always stated in the upper right hand corner- how much the return shipping costs. The last few items I have received, I noticed there is no dollar amount listed. Typically, it used to say $6.95 or $8.95-----------now, I see nothing. I like  knowing the amount in case I think I can return for less without using their return label.

Has something changed???

Thank You.

Valued Contributor

Re: Cost of return using Q label

Yes, I think it has changed. I recently noticed on one of my returns there was not the usual dollar amount shown. Great. 🙄 

Honored Contributor

This appears on the website:

How much does it cost to use the Q Return Label?

Q Return Label fees are deducted from your refund and are based on the original weight of your item in its original packaging. Q Return Label costs are subject to change at any time, without prior notification. Restrictions and limitations may apply.

• 0 to 5 lbs: $6.95
  • 5.01 to 10 lbs: $8.95
  • 10.01 to 150 lbs: $10.95

https://www.qvc.com/content/information/customer-service.html?type=content&tid=PROD-22011&redirectTe...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QPrincess 

pay attention  in using QVC label that comes with your item if they send a big box or package  that includes more than one item . I returned one item out of a big box of 3 items and the return shipping was the amt as if I returned all 3 .

Print out a separate slip if  you returnone item.

Honored Contributor

Q Return Label fees are deducted from your refund and are based on the original weight of your item in its original packaging. Q Return Label costs are subject to change at any time, without prior notification. Restrictions and limitations may apply.

• 0 to 5 lbs: $6.95
  • 5.01 to 10 lbs: $8.95
  • 10.01 to 150 lbs: $10.95

For a walkthrough of the process, click here.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I noticed that too on one of the few return labels I've gotten lately.

The only way I know of to find out the label cost of a particular item is to go into your Order Status to the item you're returning and click on Start A Return.  When the page comes up whether you want to use USPS or UPS, it will show the cost for each return service.

You don't have to continue with the online return process--you can still use the return label that came with your order if you want and just back out of the online return.  But as I said, I know of no other way to find out the return cost.

ETA: I've had return costs that haven't necessarily gone by the weight of the package.

Respected Contributor

I was not aware of the fee scale. Thank you for sharing that.

Super Contributor

I rarely use the pre-printed label, unless I know it is a heavier item. I hand write a return address on a plain piece of paper, or use the printer, and my postage is cheaper. Saves me money. It may take a little longer, but it works just fine.

Regular Contributor

I only use the return label if the item I am returning is large or heavy.  When the item is  a small box or make-up or jewelry I use the return on my own label. That way is much cheaper. The problem keep a check on your return credit because over the years I have been charged $6.95 when I returned on my own. I call customer service and they credit  my account. It may sound like I make a lot of returns but over 30 years with Q.V.C that is not the case.

Honored Contributor

@charsha.  I returned a ring and the postage, with insurance of course, was more than the $6.95 label fee.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment