Valued Contributor

I don't mind paying for quality items like Cozy Chic Barefoot Dreams as an example. But when these designers put out polyester and price it like it's silk, come on! Seems like every single piece of Susan Graver clothes are polyester and the very few that aren't are poor quality. Logo is insanely expensive now which I don't care because her pieces are clownish and garish anyway. My favorite is Candace Cameron Bure. Stylish, reasonable and uses more natural nice fabrics. If you haven't tried her denim, I can tell you it's the best I've ever had and I've had a lot. IMHO

Trusted Contributor
I agree! Yes the cost of clothing at other stores is rising also, but at least they have good sales and Black Friday is coming up. That’s the difference between them and QVC
Respected Contributor

Prices have risen for just about everything. And if you're plus size, clothing can even be more expensive. But I've been finding things at Avenue and Torrid for $50 and under, they are always having sales. Avenue's been running a 60% off everything for a while with dresses and tops for under $25. There's no way I'd be paying $75 or more for clothing at QVC right now, even if I wanted it, especially now that I've started Christmas shopping. And their sales for the most part aren't that great.

I think QVC is trying to market their lines as boutique, but a majority of their items are similar in style and quality to others elsewhere ---and at much lower prices. 

Frequent Contributor

I totally agree! You know what drives me crazy is when they say the price is "under" $50 when it's actually $49.95.   For Pete's Sake!  Or they describe an easy pay amount as $9 and change when it's $9.95.  Like we can't read the screen price.  Please just be realistic and don't use those tactics on the public.  Please!

Occasional Contributor

I just purchased a Lori Goldstein top and wanted to cancel, but too late., already being processed.  I decided that $80 is just too much.

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi oh my goodness!what state are you in?i believe it is 3.35 @ gallon where i live in ill.holy moly,i hope you dont drive a gas guzzler

Esteemed Contributor

@KittySoftPaws wrote:

I don't mind paying for quality items like Cozy Chic Barefoot Dreams as an example. But when these designers put out polyester and price it like it's silk, come on! Seems like every single piece of Susan Graver clothes are polyester and the very few that aren't are poor quality. Logo is insanely expensive now which I don't care because her pieces are clownish and garish anyway. My favorite is Candace Cameron Bure. Stylish, reasonable and uses more natural nice fabrics. If you haven't tried her denim, I can tell you it's the best I've ever had and I've had a lot. IMHO

@KittySoftPaws 

Barefoot Dreams Cozy Chic is 100% polyester.

Valued Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Ummm.......I just paid $4.49 a gallon for gasoline today......

OUCH.