Esteemed Contributor

Re: Correct punctuation not required?

The OP may have a point.

There are hosts who speak without use of periods or commas, and some may use a question mark or exclamation point when none is required!!

Honored Contributor

What's the point in fussing about stuff like this?  Is the world a better place for it?  Does it make somebody feel better? 

People hardly ever compliment a host for a good presentation. 

Valued Contributor

Where is the “unkind to our hosts” statement and closing of this thread that the moderators use to remove every other thread of this nature? 

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't read any unkind remark directed at a specific host.  

Valued Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

@Johnnyeager  I think accusing the hosts of not being able to speak properly and citing specific examples is about as rude as you can get considering that speaking is at the center of what they do.

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

It's been a while so it's time to start on this again!!!!  Punctuation is not evident when someone speaks!!!  We all have certain pronunciations that could be crititicized  by others - even the OP!  They are sales people - not orators!!!

This bears repeating.  If we're going to criticize someone for a presumed fault, at least make your complaint valid.  I've only ever seen Victor Borge "speak" punctuation in one of his acts.  Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@hyacinth003 PUNCTUATION is NOT evident when someone speaks!!

We get it she she used punctuation instead of pronunciation! It is a mistake easily made when you are posting, so stop with corrections it's rude. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

@Johnnyeager  I think accusing the hosts of not being able to speak properly and citing specific examples is about as rude as you can get considering that speaking is at the center of what they do.

What post are you reading? There was no host mentioned in the post, so how is that rude. 

Honored Contributor

I can't believe how petty people are.  Just because they don't speak or pronounce words like they do it is automatically wrong.  People have different accents and where they were raised speak differently.  This is very sad that with all the mess in the world, this is what people have to complain about.

Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@hyacinth003 PUNCTUATION is NOT evident when someone speaks!!

We get it she she used punctuation instead of pronunciation! It is a mistake easily made when you are posting, so stop with corrections it's rude. 

Why is it a mistake easily made?  A presumed perfectionist should be perfect.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~