Respected Contributor

@Westshopper 

Oh...puh..lease...

Honored Contributor

To me it's the same as having the flu...stay home, rest, drink liquids and don't cough and sneeze all over everyone....I just do not under stand the panic about this.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva ...what an idiot that person is.

Valued Contributor

@Bella2022 wrote:

@Bella2022 wrote:

I can't understand how does self treatment at home  help not to spread.

What about the other family members living there. This makes no sense to me.

Can anyone shed some light on this.

Thanks!

I would like to thank all those who helped shed some light, although i still wonder if the family members really stay at home!!!Heart

I guess not according to the dope in New Hampshire!Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

To me it's the same as having the flu...stay home, rest, drink liquids and don't cough and sneeze all over everyone....I just do not under stand the panic about this.

@Mom2Dogs  the panic is that they, meaning the CDC, WHO and other experts just don't know or have a handle on this virus.  They are often stating that "at this time" they don't know if it can be transmitted via certain things and uncertainty brings fear.

It has also been reported that percentage wise, it is deadlier than the flu.  The flu kills under 2% of the people diagnosed.  Right now, COVID-19 reportedly has a 3.4% mortality rate.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

One concern is the mortality rate.  It is higher than the flu, plus the virus is more contagious than the flu.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Well here's an example.  The first coronavirus patient in New Hampshire, who works in a medical center, was told to self-isolate and stay away from people.  Instead of listening, the entitled jerk attended an invitation only event.  The state has issued an official order for that initial patient to isolate.  Now a second person who came in contact with the first person has also tested positive and the state is asking everyone who attended that event to isolate themselves. 

Oh, that jerk.  I read about this.  Some Dartmouth event.  Bet they would like to give him a kick in the pants.   I have always believed that self policing doesn't work very well.  People want to do what they want, at the expense of others.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mom2Dogs 

The problem is not so much that many people will get sick, or even how sick they get.  The problem is that too many people will get sick at the same time.

It could overwhelm medical facilities and disrupt the flow of business.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mom2Dogs 

The problem is not so much that many people will get sick, or even how sick they get.  The problem is that too many people will get sick at the same time.

And there aren't enough testing kits.  

Our local news is telling people that if you think you may have this, do not just show up at your physician's office, dept. of health or ED.  Contact them first because they may not be equipped to handle you.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mom2Dogs 

And there aren't enough testing kits.  

Our local news is telling people that if you think you may have this, do not just show up at your physician's office, dept. of health or ED.  Contact them first because they may not be equipped to handle you.

Agree.  Our health care network has such information when you sign into their site.

Our state just confirmed our first two cases.   I am sure there are many, many more out there, but our state haven't been up to speed on starting testing.