Valued Contributor

@Bella2022 wrote:

I can't understand how does self treatment at home  help not to spread.

What about the other family members living there. This makes no sense to me.

Can anyone shed some light on this.

Thanks!

I would like to thank all those who helped shed some light, although i still wonder if the family members really stay at home!!!Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@x Hedge 

I think I found it.  "Only".  

No, @chrystaltree 

" there's cure"

Honored Contributor

Before people self-quarantine at home, they have to go to an emergency room to be tested and diagnosed. Then many other people who are at the E.R. for other health problems are being exposed to the virus. I don't understand how this will contain its spread.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

In my state we are being told to go to the Local HDP for testing,

NOT the ED.  Check your state CDC.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

She means there is no cure. 

When you have a cold or flu, it is likely there are others inside your home, but self treatment at home beats going to work or to your doctor's office (assuming a mild case). At least those living with you can take precautions. Our guest room has always been a designated sick room for someone who isn't feeling well. When they get better, it's easy to sanitize the room because it has a small bed, minimal furniture and an empty closet.

Respected Contributor

Re: Coronavirus??

[ Edited ]

@Cats3000 wrote:

I believe that "self-treatment at home" really is self-quarantine.  But, rather than get all kinds of opinions and meaningless answers here, why not go to the CDC website and see what it has to offer.

@Cats3000: You've offered the best response to the OP.  

Valued Contributor
Like so many illnesses, by the time you're diagnosed, you've spread it to, or possibly spread it to countless people. Just think in a days errands how many people you are around, grocery, post office, hair stylist.
Honored Contributor

You need to go to the CDC or WHO websites.  There is too much misinformation being spread, not necessarily on this thread but in general.

Honored Contributor

Well here's an example.  The first coronavirus patient in New Hampshire, who works in a medical center, was told to self-isolate and stay away from people.  Instead of listening, the entitled jerk attended an invitation only event.  The state has issued an official order for that initial patient to isolate.  Now a second person who came in contact with the first person has also tested positive and the state is asking everyone who attended that event to isolate themselves. 

Super Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Well here's an example.  The first coronavirus patient in New Hampshire, who works in a medical center, was told to self-isolate and stay away from people.  Instead of listening, the entitled jerk attended an invitation only event.  The state has issued an official order for that initial patient to isolate.  Now a second person who came in contact with the first person has also tested positive and the state is asking everyone who attended that event to isolate themselves. 

That really grinds me knowingly infected and going out, to boot in the health profession!!

Seriously I think anyone who test positive knowingly goes out and infects others should be an act of domestic terrorism. To me it's the same as putting a loaded gun at someones head.