Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

@Desertdi 

"Corky" is vernacular for "quirky?"  Sorry.  Maybe I'm just old or maybe I'm dense.  How did corky become quirky?

@maximillian   It's a downstate Illinois/Indiana "accent"

Thanks @Desertdi   I learned something new today.  I like learning words used in different parts of the country.  I'm fixen to go y'all

@maximillian    "Corky" is not a different word....it's just how "quirky" SOUNDS in a regional accent...

But wouldn't the spelling be the same?  

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

@Desertdi 

"Corky" is vernacular for "quirky?"  Sorry.  Maybe I'm just old or maybe I'm dense.  How did corky become quirky?

Thanks @Desertdi   I learned something new today.  I like learning words used in different parts of the country.  I'm fixen to go y'all

@maximillian    "Corky" is not a different word....it's just how "quirky" SOUNDS in a regional accent...

@rms1954    She is spelling "phonetically"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

@Desertdi 

@rms1954    She is spelling "phonetically"

whatever .. no big deal

Frequent Contributor

Corky, quirky....all people have good and bad qualities.  She’s definitely an extrovert, I don’t watch her often but when I do I like her presentations.  She has a talent for the use of vocabulary...and a passion for what she does.  I feel like the hosts that are more out going and exude a lot of self confidence get a bad rap.  I must admit I do mute a lot of hosts and designers alike ....I watch qvc maybe once or twice a week tho and most of what I see I enjoy.  I watch for product.....not who is selling.

Valued Contributor

Didn't know she was gone. Didn't miss her at all.

Respected Contributor

@banned again  i ment that shawn is corky herself

Respected Contributor

and yes,i being CORKY on my spelling

Respected Contributor

@ maximillian i am central ill not downstate.i was just funnin  geeez

Honored Contributor

Re: Corky shawn

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@ maximillian i am central ill not downstate.i was just funnin  geeez

@Luvsmyfam   Anything outside of Metropolitan Chicago is considered "downstate",  no matter where it is located,  central, south or wherever.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi so,im some kind of hillbilly bc im not in windy city?chicago should be called the rat and mice city instead of the windy city