Respected Contributor

Corky's Chicken Back Order

[ Edited ]

I am so disappointed!  I just received an email from QVC stating:

Thanks for your 05/05/21 order for: (1) Applewood Bacon, Corky's BBQ 4-lbs Seasoned Roa (Item# M74563). Unfortunately, we've learned that this item is not available for immediate shipment. We're truly sorry that we're unable to ship your order as promised.

If we're unable to get additional quantities of this item, you'll be notified of your order cancellation with our regrets.

You may view, modify, or cancel this order by clicking on http://www.qvc.com/OrderStatus. You can also call Customer Service at 800.367.9444 from 7am to 1am eastern time, 7 days a week.

I ordered mid-day!  Shouldn't they have known there would not be enough?   Why wouldn't they be able to get additional quantities if the next order group is for Memorial Day?  Are those not going to be available either?  Or is that grouping already reserved?

When I click on the link, it says my order is in process!  I guess now I have to either wait or make a phone call and probably get little or no information.

Did anyone else get this email?

Respected Contributor

fRe: Corky's Chicken Back Order

So far no.  I ordered 8 lbs in combo.  Not for immediate ship though and the May 24th one. 

Maybe you can get for another date.  We don't care when we receive and splitting with daughter and her family.  

I hate when something like that happens when you think everything went through ok.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: fRe: Corky's Chicken Back Order

[ Edited ]

Unless I was dreaming I thought while channel surfing that day I heard the host, either David or Rick talking about a chicken shortage but not to worry if you order Corky's because they had you covered or some such wording. Unless that was some other brand of chicken they were selling that day. I only caught something along those lines, not the whole presentation since I was only flipping through channels at the time. 

Unless that was some other date close to the 5th....but I definitely remember some wordage along those lines while hawking chicken.

Regular Contributor

I have seen this happen a lot recently with many different vendors. Whats going on with QVC and their shipping? Corky's is a huge vendor and this should not happen. Does Corky's handle the shipping or QVC?

Respected Contributor

What I am wondering is if I ordered mid-day, did the immediate ship orders get marked sold out the rest of the day?  After I ordered, I stopped watching.  However, I think they should know their inventory and know when they can't fulfill any more orders.

I don't know, but I would think the orders are being shipped direct from Corky's since they are food and need expeditious handling.

Esteemed Contributor

@Roscoe the Rascal wrote:

So far no.  I ordered 8 lbs in combo.  Not for immediate ship though and the May 24th one. 

Maybe you can get for another date.  We don't care when we receive and splitting with daughter and her family.  

I hate when something like that happens when you think everything went through ok.  

Have you tried these before?  I was wondering if they are good.

Honored Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

What I am wondering is if I ordered mid-day, did the immediate ship orders get marked sold out the rest of the day?  After I ordered, I stopped watching.  However, I think they should know their inventory and know when they can't fulfill any more orders.

I don't know, but I would think the orders are being shipped direct from Corky's since they are food and need expeditious handling.

@hellodali    All food vendors ship their own orders. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@Roscoe the Rascal wrote:

Have you tried these before?  I was wondering if they are good.

No, first time.  I hope we like.  I think they should be good.  We order lots of food on QVC and on!y one time could not eat something.  Most of time good and some ok but nothing we can't handle.

Trusted Contributor

My order hasn't shipped yet - the website says I should have it by or on 05-14.  If it turns into a backorder, I am going to cancel it.  Like you, I ordered early.  First come, first served should be the rule.  

Respected Contributor

SURPRISE!  SURPRISE!  SURPRISE!!!

I never had a chance to contact QVC customer service about the email I received.  To be honest, there are a few family things going on and chicken legs was not at the top of my list to worry about.

Today I received an email from UPS advising me an order from QVC is scheduled for delivery today.   I have an item waitlisted and I thought it might be that.

Well when I checked my order status it wasn't what I thought it could be, but lo and behold, it showed my chicken legs were out for delivery.

I am happy to have received them, but for the life of me I do not understand the first email I received.  Unfortunately, they arrived after our dinner.  I think we will probably wait and try them this weekend.  I'll let you all know.

Thanks for all the responses!