Trusted Contributor

Copper Chef Non-Stick Grill Pan

Looks very interesting. Is anyone ordering? I have no experience with any of the non-stick copper cookware.

Respected Contributor

Re: Copper Chef Non-Stick Grill Pan

I have one of the copper chef pots and was suspicious when they said nothing would stick.  I burned a burger in it when left on the stove for too long, and after a brief soaking, it wiped off with zero scrubbing.

I wouldn't hesitate to get copper chef if you are interested.  It's light and so much easier to handle then the cast iron I have, and when Eric says "clean up is a joke", he isn't kidding, nothing sticks.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I’m enjoying the copper pieces I have but I take care of them so they’ll last. Clean up is so easy it almost makes me enjoy cooking🙀

Honored Contributor

I own one copper chef fry pan.  Food sticks to it and I have had to scrub it and soak it to get it off.  It is not really copper...it's just sprayed on color.

The  outside of the pan gets dark and I can't get it clean and looking like new. When it tried to use Brillo soap pads, the outside finish scratched off.  I am not a fan.

I own two grill pans that I purchased locally and have used them for years. They are stainless steel.  They are easy to keep looking brand new, they never turn dark and go in the dishwasher often. Food doesn't stick either. Actually food does not stick on any grill if your surface is hot enough and your food is seared. And they cost less.  I think the copper chef pans are overpriced.

i am not even tempted to buy the TSV.  

Trusted Contributor

Thank you!

Regular Contributor

I currently own two pieces of the Copper Chef and I love them.  Nothing sticks and super easy to clean.  I would definitely buy more.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered the larger one for DH for Father’s Day, hope he likes it. 

Honored Contributor

I have the skillet with glass lid.

Like it at first mostly because it's very light weight but it's MEH.

I won't buy any more Copper Chef anything.

I'd like to try Gotham Steel

Super Contributor

@software, I bought a Gotham Steel a few years back, when they had them on Q, and had my son try it. As a (at the time) single father, he would necessarily use and abuse it more than I.

He mentioned just the other day, how well it's holding up. Sadly, he's not a regular dish-washer, so you can imagine...........

Never have tried the Copper Chef. Love my old Technique the best, Scanpan, and Farberware stainless (not no-stick) that I've had since early 80s.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for your reply, I may pull the trigger on the Gotham Steel.

I love heavy stainless steel, Tri-ply or better but I need 1 good non-stick.

@summerwind