Valued Contributor

I had that problem with several packages. I shop online a lot but, strangely, I have only had this issue with packages from QVC!

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 

I'm assuming your awaiting package from QVC.

Well, you maybe outta luck and just patiently wait since USPS is in no hurry to deliver in a speedy way!

I've had a package sitting in Orlando (not from Q) for 7 days...heck, I could get in the car drive 1 hour and pick it up to save them the trouble of delivering!!!

It's a sign of the times with all shippers ...gotta have a lot of patience🤔😉

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24   Yes, there's a problem and I told you what it is...too many packages that are unsorted so can't be delivered.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Baylie   Do you seriously think the post office has time to go through the thousands of packages they get and pick out the QVC parcels just so they can delay them?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA I don't really care about the fact that they have more volume of packages.

Before the virus, the postal service provided crappy and inefficient service.

In my job I have to go to the post office to take certified mail to be processed. You would think that I was hurting them with the amount of angst there is about handling it. I'd much prefer to use UPS if I am given the choice, the driver doesn't whine about the packages.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  In this case, yes the package I am waiting for is from QVC but I've had similar issues with other items I've ordered online. I'm willing to be patient but 5 days when the tracking information shows no progress is not reasonable from my point of view.

If it turns out to truly be lost, then I'll have to request the refund from QVC but I'd rather have the items I ordered.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Contacted USPS today

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 I had an issue yesterday where the post office delivered my package to the wrong house. When I called to let them know the package was not delivered here they answered the call what's your beef?  They must have been getting lots of complaints. I tried to be nice but they were  awful. They laughed and I hung up on them.  They called me back and asked about the package I was looking for. When I gave them the info they started laughing. It was the post office. Believe me  I double and triple checked the number.  It was definitely the post office.  I hung up on them again because they were so  rude and not even pretend to be trying to help. 

Fortunately the person who received it brought it to my house.  I'm still so mad about usps.  I really wish ups could do all deliveries. I would pay extra. USPS has been unreliable and now rude.   It was not my post office but the next town over. They do all the ups delivery by us mail.  

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

I've had a package that arrived at my local post office -- 6 miles away on June 13th. It has been there for the past 5 days -- no update on when it will actually be delivered at my house.

Contacting the Postal Service via phone is a waste of time so I found a contact sheet on the usps.com website and submitted the tracking information and a where's my package request.

It is ridiculous that it is 5 days since it arrived at the post office and no idea of any delivery date.

I have another package that I may have to put in a complaint about too. I can understand a day or two but a week? No, that's silly.

@GinaV24 

GOOD WORK! Smiley Happy

As my mother always said, "never be afraid to ask".....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 

I was certainly not discounting your problem just sharing my experience lately -- interestingly, it's not with QVC.

The tracking system QVC has is basically useless IMO unless the shipping vendor updates.

I sent a USPS priority box one year to a family member. The USPS. tracking stopped at the Jacksonville distribution center. No other updates were ever done...after 2 weeks I went to USPS clerk had no clue🤷‍♀️😡

Three months later the box arrived😳.

I don't know Q policy about "lost" now but many years ago after 14 days past EDD they looked into it.  

Good luck getting your package ....

Esteemed Contributor

Wow @AlcottWilder I'm so sorry that you had such a terrible interaction with the post office. I'm not surprised but I'm sorry.

I refuse to use one of the post offices that is near our office. It is one of the largest and the people working the counter there are rude beyond measure. I waited for 10 minutes for someone to come "out" to work the counter one day. At the time I was the only person in the post office. Of course in the 10 minutes, more people arrived so the postal worker gave me attitude about the 10 certified letters I had to send. She told me I needed to wait so she could take care of the people who had arrived after me and I told her I had been waiting and I was first in line. She made sure that everyone in the place knew that I was causing them to have to wait.

I'm fairly sure that some of the packages that showed as delivered but weren't were misdeliveries as well. I'm glad that the person who received the package was nice enough to bring it to you.

I'd much prefer to choose UPS as the delivery method and I'd pay more for it but I want a guarantee that UPS isn't going to hand it off to the post office.