Esteemed Contributor

I've had a package that arrived at my local post office -- 6 miles away on June 13th. It has been there for the past 5 days -- no update on when it will actually be delivered at my house.

Contacting the Postal Service via phone is a waste of time so I found a contact sheet on the usps.com website and submitted the tracking information and a where's my package request.

It is ridiculous that it is 5 days since it arrived at the post office and no idea of any delivery date.

I have another package that I may have to put in a complaint about too. I can understand a day or two but a week? No, that's silly.

Respected Contributor

@GinaV24  You did the right thing. I've done that with a few pkgs that were delayed and not moving, and  after ffilling out the where's my pkg info it got it moving again. In fact, a USPS person would call me to make sure I did get it.

Trusted Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

I've had a package that arrived at my local post office -- 6 miles away on June 13th. It has been there for the past 5 days -- no update on when it will actually be delivered at my house.

Contacting the Postal Service via phone is a waste of time so I found a contact sheet on the usps.com website and submitted the tracking information and a where's my package request.

It is ridiculous that it is 5 days since it arrived at the post office and no idea of any delivery date.

I have another package that I may have to put in a complaint about too. I can understand a day or two but a week? No, that's silly.

-----

I almost could have written your post. My package arrived at the city post office, just 3.2 miles away, on June 9. Usually such a package quickly transfers to the little post office about three blocks away from my home.  This time...nothing. I took my tracking number to the nearby post office on June 16. They could not find the package or even find a record of it. Gasp. However, yesterday (June 17) the package showed up with my regular mail delivery around 4:30 p.m. So, I had a happy ending. Hope your saga works out the same way.  Good luck.

Respected Contributor

I thought I was going to have to do that too. My package was sitting for 3 days at a nearby post office but it finally got moving and I received it today.  My order was from May 16 so I waited over a month for it to ship and travel here. 

Honored Contributor

USPS has gotten really bad.  I no longer take my returns to my local PO,  I drive 20 minutes to a larger city to make sure things are done in a timely manner.

Respected Contributor

I've had a package sitting at a nearby post office since June 5.  I didn't know about that "where's my package" feature.  I'll have to try that.  I was going to wait a little while longer and then just request a refund from QVC.

Honored Contributor

Not that this has anything to do with USPS, but I sent out a return to another company.  It arrived to it's destination 12 days ago and still no refund.  I called today to question it, and she had it within her reach and told me it would take another 4-5 days.  I don't understand why she would not just process the refund right then.

Honored Contributor

Re: Contacted USPS today

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 @rms1954 @itsmagic Well it's a breath of fresh air to see someone who is smart enough NOT to blame QVC for the slow shipping time!

Once something is shipped, the Q has no contorl over it. Glad to see some smart people here who actually understand that!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@GinaV24 @rms1954 @itsmagic Well it's a breath of fresh air to see someone who is smart enough NOT to blame QVC for the slow shipping time!

Once something is shipped, the Q has no contorl over it. Glad to see some smart people here who actually understand that!

I think it's awful how some people come down on QVC and put the blame on them for everything.  You don't have to be very smart to figure out where the issue is with shipping, and it's not QVC.  There's always more to the story than what meets the eye.  You just have to think about it.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Love my grandkids On the other hand there are those of us who ordered something on May 8 and it is STILL in process has has not shipped yet, but cannot be cancelled.  Go figure!