Respected Contributor

Congratulations Carolyn Gracie Happy Wedding Day

From Carolyn Gracie on Facebook:

Well HERE is a double #TBT Throwback Thursday for you! 32 years ago today Mike and I tied the knot in Glendale, California at 11am, followed by a photo session that seemed to last forever in Brand Park, and then followed by what I’m still told by family and friends was one of the MOST fun receptions of all time, a dinner cruise around the Queen Mary in Long Beach Harbor aboard a rented yacht, complete with jazz band (our good friends were the vocalists) dancing, and the BEST, most hilarious Best Man speech ever, delivered by dear pal, stand up comedian Dave Dugan, which still makes us laugh out loud. I wore my mother’s gorgeous custom design wedding gown from 1957 (SHE absolutely wore it BEST— But I was so happy to show it off 31 years later!) It was a perfect day, surrounded by our family and friends, and the start of a lifetime adventure that is still so much fun together!! Happy 32nd Anniversary Mike!!

Image may contain: 9 people, wedding

Respected Contributor

Re: Congratulations Carolyn Gracie Happy Wedding Day

Congratulations to Carolyn and her handsome hubby.

She was a beautiful bride!  Love the photo of her Mom wearing the dress, too.

Thank you for sharing the pictures, @alliswell !

Honored Contributor

OMGosh..........Beautiful couple, beautiful dress.

Classic wedding dresses are always in style.

This one would be beautiful today.  

Congratulations!!  Keep safe and healthy.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@alliswell wrote:

From Carolyn Gracie on Facebook:

Well HERE is a double #TBT Throwback Thursday for you! 32 years ago today Mike and I tied the knot in Glendale, California at 11am, followed by a photo session that seemed to last forever in Brand Park, and then followed by what I’m still told by family and friends was one of the MOST fun receptions of all time, a dinner cruise around the Queen Mary in Long Beach Harbor aboard a rented yacht, complete with jazz band (our good friends were the vocalists) dancing, and the BEST, most hilarious Best Man speech ever, delivered by dear pal, stand up comedian Dave Dugan, which still makes us laugh out loud. I wore my mother’s gorgeous custom design wedding gown from 1957 (SHE absolutely wore it BEST— But I was so happy to show it off 31 years later!) It was a perfect day, surrounded by our family and friends, and the start of a lifetime adventure that is still so much fun together!! Happy 32nd Anniversary Mike!!

Image may contain: 9 people, wedding

Thank you so much for posting this lovely picture.  Congratulations CarolynSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got to work a convention at the Long Beach convention center a few years ago.  We also took a tour of the Queen Mary.  I really enjoyed being there and shopping along the waterfront.  it is really a nice area.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beautiful picture of Carolyn and her husband.  I love the idea of her wearing her mom's wedding dress.  Congratulations, Carolyn and you are one of my favorite hosts.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful pictures of two handsome couples.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Stunning bride and an exceptionally gracious person.

Happy Anniversary.

An amazing classic dress it could be worn today without missing a step.

Her mother is so beautiful.

Great pictures

Handsome couples 

Esteemed Contributor

So cute.  She choose a keeper to match herself.  Nice couple.

Respected Contributor

Beautiful