Respected Contributor

Confused about addition of more channels

I don't get any channel other than the main QVC channel.  I would have to watch online I guess, which I am not a big fan of.

I am admitting to confusion about why more channels.  Since many people don't even have access to them, why do it?  Nothing wrong with variety, but are they thinking more cable companies will add the channels?

I do get two HSN channels.  Their main channel and then one that has short reruns of past shows.

I guess I am somewhat confused.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Confused about addition of more channels

Out Comcast shows only only QVC.  The other one I am told is featured on Direct TV which does not work in our locality... mountain with wooded lots... Signal fails.

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003I'm not confused - perhaps because I just don't care.

Of course for all who can't get enough beauty shows or enough shopping in general, maybe more channels work for the company and the customers.  It's just not my concern why they do it -  that would change if I were interested in investing, but I know I have no interest in buying more than I already do and I'm not buying individual retail stocks for my portfolio.

Honored Contributor

What I'd like to know is . . . are all three "channels" located at the West Chester warehouse, or is each channel located in a different city? 

Do they use the same sets?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

What I'd like to know is . . . are all three "channels" located at the West Chester warehouse, or is each channel located in a different city? 

Do they use the same sets?

Interesting question!  My guess is they use the same place, but only a guess.

I don't really care, but since a lot of us don't even get the channels, who is watching them?

I MIGHT watch a bit of the beauty one online if there was something I was interested in.  But I doubt I would watch the others.

Hyacinth