Esteemed Contributor

Re: Compliments to Kristine Zell

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@RavensGirl wrote:

Never said it was a waste of time, I just don't understand the constant bashing. But please, carry on!! I was just making a comment, which I also have a right to do.

@RavensGirl  If the host cannot give correct information or let the designer speak, she will be called out on her poor performance. There is a difference between this and ‘bashing’ which I think most posters understand.

----------------------

She is a sales woman speaking to QVC customers... that is her job!   If she fails, the customers have a right to evaluate her 'sales' techniques...

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

I had it set to record and then I watched for a few minutes.  She was wrong about the fabric content of an item and Louis noticed.  She said she was reading from the wrong card.  That was enough for me.   Louis either doesn't need a host or should have an experienced host.  I know everyone makes mistakes, but  Kristine Z. continues to make many on each show.

@Daysdee 

Kristine Z. is ALWAYS poorly prepared for her shows and is ALWAYS making mistakes......She's not a host I'd think of complimenting.......Meanwhile an excellent host, Katie McGee, has been banished to Q2 as Jill's social media host..And QVC let Cathy P go who was far better than  Kristine Z....Hard to figure????Woman Frustrated

@Spurt wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

I had it set to record and then I watched for a few minutes.  She was wrong about the fabric content of an item and Louis noticed.  She said she was reading from the wrong card.  That was enough for me.   Louis either doesn't need a host or should have an experienced host.  I know everyone makes mistakes, but  Kristine Z. continues to make many on each show.

@Daysdee 

Kristine Z. is ALWAYS poorly prepared for her shows and is ALWAYS making mistakes......She's not a host I'd think of complimenting.......Meanwhile an excellent host, Katie McGee, has been banished to Q2 as Jill's social media host..And QVC let Cathy P go who was far better than  Kristine Z....Hard to figure????Woman Frustrated

I think assigning Katie McGee as a social media host is a mistake as she is an excellent host.  Would like to see her host a Linea show.  I haven't seen her in ages as she seems to be assigned to programs on Q2 or shows I don't watch.  Yes, I'm sorry Cathy P. was let go also.  She had improved a lot and I liked her on cooking shows.

Respected Contributor

Shawn is poorly prepared for her shows and plenty of people watch her. Amy has a voice that would peel paint off a wall and plenty of people listen to her.  Give Christine a chance; she hasn't been around nearly as long as Shawn and Amy.

Esteemed Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

Shawn is poorly prepared for her shows and plenty of people watch her. Amy has a voice that would peel paint off a wall and plenty of people listen to her.  Give Christine a chance; she hasn't been around nearly as long as Shawn and Amy.

Excellent point!  

Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

@maximillian   I don't watch Shawn as she is poorly prepared as you say. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@maximillian wrote:

@maximillian 

Courtney Khondabi who was in her same peer group has successfully moved up to many prime time shows...and those in the group after Kristine's are more polished than Kristine .............

Becoming comfortable on air and showing a bit of their own unique personality takes time....BUT there is no excuse not knowing the products and making errors on product information, and interrupting vendors (and I'm not talking about sales updates) ...Im talking about interrupting vendors for a silly remark or a sharing her unimportant unrelated personal story while a vendor was making an important product point...or interrupting a vendor's point just to say "you've been with QVC for 15 yrs" over and over and over.  And thats not coming from the producer because she's the only host that says it multiple times ...

And she's had 10 yrs TV experience  which included interviewing people...much like interacting with a vendor....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

I cannot believe she is still there and cathy is gone! It should have been reversed. If Kristine is still hosting in the overnight hours she ain't too good. She's a train wreck. She is one of Kirsten L proteges.

Honored Contributor

@RavensGirl wrote:

Some people will just never be happy with anyone. It's a shame that you all feel you have a right to tear people down.

Shame on you.

I hope that as I grow older, I will have better things to do than constantly complain 

@RavensGirl  - Posters talking about a host being unprepared and interrupting a vendor during a sales presentation is not host bashing. 

Frequent Contributor

I saw Kristine on a Denim and Co show not too long ago with Gary and I thought she did an excellent job.  She gave out the pertinent information and had a real nice rapport with Gary. She has a wonderful speaking voice and is so sweet and inclusive with the models.   All in all, I find her enjoyable.

Honored Contributor

@RavensGirl wrote:

Some people will just never be happy with anyone. It's a shame that you all feel you have a right to tear people down.

Shame on you.

I hope that as I grow older, I will have better things to do than constantly complain 

@RavensGirl   Maybe as you grow older, you too will mature to the point you're able to form an opinion.  That's what we're all about here on the boards...expressing opinions, good, bad and the ugly.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment