Honored Contributor

Re: ""Community Vote: Forum Improvements Suggestions Survey""

On 7/14/2014 Deb1010again said:

I tried to complete the survey, but since I didn't want to leave my name and contact info (listed as optional) my survey wasn't accepted. Please let me know if you fix this part of the survey and I'll complete it again, but would rather remain anonymous. Thanks.

Deb1010again, try taking it again. You can submit the survey and still remain anonymous.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/14/2014 VaBelle35 said:

Ugh. Don't hit enter by mistake. I hit enter by mistake on one of the boxes and it submitted my survey before I was done and it won't let me take it again.

:*(

That's not good. Do you think you can take it again from another device?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: removing negative posts about hosts, products, and on-air personalities. . .Does that mean that all the positive posts would remain?

If so, it doesn't leave room for a balanced discussion. I understand that some posts are nasty, but some of those extreme QVC cheerleaders are just as obnoxious. Not sure about the possible changes that could occur as a result of this survey.

Valued Contributor

Done

Every perfect gift is from above.
Super Contributor

Exactly wildcatfan. I agree. If you change the forums too much to be sugary and sweet, it will not be a balanced forum. Why post here if you know all that is here is glowing rah-rah posts from Q cheerleaders? Ridiculous. In order to have a balanced forum, there have to be posts from both sides permitted.

ALL comments should be permitted, unless they use profanity or other language that is deemed widely offensive.

If this is not a place that posters feel free to comment on anything-- positive or negative-- then the forum is pointless.

We are not children, I think most of us are adults and can move on from discussions we don't like.

Censoring the forums to the point where we can't post anything negative is just wrong. Life is full of positive and negative, I think we are all able to do just fine.

I do think that ANY THREAD whose start date is over 90 days should be deleted. The long threads from years ago need to be deleted. All of them. There is no reason why threads that are YEARS old are still on the boards. Clean up the boards Q!

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/14/2014 imaclotheshog said:

Exactly wildcatfan. I agree. If you change the forums too much to be sugary and sweet, it will not be a balanced forum. Why post here if you know all that is here is glowing rah-rah posts from Q cheerleaders? Ridiculous. In order to have a balanced forum, there have to be posts from both sides permitted.

ALL comments should be permitted, unless they use profanity or other language that is deemed widely offensive.

If this is not a place that posters feel free to comment on anything-- positive or negative-- then the forum is pointless.

We are not children, I think most of us are adults and can move on from discussions we don't like.

Censoring the forums to the point where we can't post anything negative is just wrong. Life is full of positive and negative, I think we are all able to do just fine.

I do think that ANY THREAD whose start date is over 90 days should be deleted. The long threads from years ago need to be deleted. All of them. There is no reason why threads that are YEARS old are still on the boards. Clean up the boards Q!

Why does it matter if old, long threads are still here as long as they remain active? People find their tribe and enjoy posting together. I guess I don't see the problem as I just scroll on by.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

I agree gardensla. Who is it hurting to have the few longstanding threads. As long as they are active with people posting leave them alone. I think that old threads more than a couple of weeks old with no activity could be closed to put an end to bumping up of old threads just for troll entertainment.

Trusted Contributor

ITA with Scottie and gardensla. Some ongoing threads such as in Among Friends, ViewPoints, Home, Health, Moms, etc. are only a peaceful way for some members to stay in touch, since there is no PM system here. Most are not streamed through the main feed of Community and should be easily ignored by those not interested. If some are worrying to those on the front page, you could consider removing them from the main feed like ViewPoints. How are they more annoying than if groups of friends begin new daily or weekly threads? Some people like to chat, others can use a little friendly emotional support or advice, such as the Widows and Cancer threads. I thought that's what these forums - especially Among Friends, was created for. Also some posters enjoy graphics, while others do not. Having designated threads for them solves that problem. Unless they are causing technical problems, I don't see the need to shut down active ongoing threads.

Censoring negative product reviews and comments by customers here is wrong. No one should be permitted to bash posters for their like or dislike of products (or for any other reason), but I come here mainly to learn more about products from actual customer experience. If I only want product promotion, I can see that on TV, FB, your videos, etc. Not interested in more of the same in this community from employees (or plants posing as customers).

I hope the coming technical upgrades will include better compatibility for mobile devices on both the forums and shopping side.

Honored Contributor

On 7/14/2014 VaBelle35 said:

Ugh. Don't hit enter by mistake. I hit enter by mistake on one of the boxes and it submitted my survey before I was done and it won't let me take it again.

:*(

I did this too!! I was writing in something and hit enter and then it said my survey was completed. Dang, I didn't even finish! Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

On 7/14/2014 Deb1010again said:

I tried to complete the survey, but since I didn't want to leave my name and contact info (listed as optional) my survey wasn't accepted. Please let me know if you fix this part of the survey and I'll complete it again, but would rather remain anonymous. Thanks.

Hi, Deb1010again! I haven't seen you posting recently -- it's good to see you.Smile

I entered my email address and name because I'd be happy for them to contact me for more info, but I can understand if others don't want to do this. The survey should work even without that. Maybe a software hiccup? Try a different browser, or delete cookies, relaunch the browser and try the survey again. (Also, if anyone has an extra "throwaway" email address, that could be used along with just their initials in the name field if they didn't want to be contacted.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova