Contributor

Coming out of the closet....

....I feel a little guilty about it but I absolutely HATE Christmas in July programming. When will it end?????

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Coming out of the closet....

No need to feel guilty! Many on this forum have expressed the exact same thing. I absolutely detest CIJ!

Honored Contributor

This year, more than ever, it seems more and more like an endurance competition.  I hope the CIJ lovers are buying a lot because I'm buying nothing,  except at Evine.  There is only so much of this we can tolerate.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

And then there's me.  It's not my holiday, but CIJ is my escape TV this week. 

Esteemed Contributor

Christmas becomes anticlimactic when you start preparing for it 6 months ahead of time! I start thinking about Chanukah & Christmas after Thanksgiving !! Once in a great while if I see something special I may buy it.But that is rare!

The Holidays to me represent the winter.I love the summer months too much to rush through them!! I basically tune out of QVC during their Christmas in July shows!!!

Contributor

I'm with you. I detest Christmas in July.  It was bad enough years ago when they only devoted one day (July 25) to this nonsense, but now it's several days.  Let's see, last week it was the whole weekend, and this week it's two days. I didn't watch a minute of it and didn't buy anything.  To me, the increase in this absurd holiday programming means that regular QVC merchandise sales must be declining, and they're desperate.

Trusted Contributor

I wish I could explain it to you. I guess it's like stretching your favorite thing that you enjoy most in your life out for 6 months. For most of us I'm guessing are in our later years it takes longer to put decorations up and also it's the gift giving that we also in joy. 

Honored Contributor

I can understand people not liking it. I don't like the endless day after day after day of nothing but beauty, fashions, shows bags and jewelry. And if anyone was paying attention today, they alternated some 'regular's shows in every few hours, which is more than we Christmas lovers get during those other events.

I guess people just need to move on to something else (me included) when the programming doesn't meet our needs or wants. The bottom line is that Q makes money on most everything it does, and that will continue to be the true dictator of the programming.

Contributor

I do agree that sales are, likely, declining. I used to buy a lot of clothes from QVC---when Denim and Co, had a lot of 100% cotton and Susan Graver's "liquid knit" wasn't just clingy  poly. I liked a lot of George Simonton and Liz Claiborne stuff, too. As a plus size woman, I could find many nice things. Now I find they present the same items (clothing and and all else) again and again. 

Happy to feel there is som e solidarity here among non-lovers of CIJ because I was feeling there was something wrong with me.

Respected Contributor

Hey, there is an upside! The return policy for these products is January 31, 2017!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.