Honored Contributor

Coming clean - my QVC life.....

I don't watch QVC very much anymore, except for ITKWD.  I like to think I don't purchase things I don't need, but when I need something, it's one of the first sites I check.

I was just thinking this morning....

I'm wearing a pair of D&Co jogging pants. My shoes are Vionic Tides.  The only makeup I have on is a tinted moisturizer from Tarte cosmetics.  My hair was styled (yesterday) with the Calista perfecting tool.

I have a chicken poaching in my LeCreuset Dutch oven.  I prepped a tortellini bake for tonight's dinner in a Rachel Ray oblong pot.  I par-steamed some asparagus for tomorrow night, using my 5th burner pot from MCM.  I'll put the asparagus and the green beans that I blanched into Lock and Lock containers.  I grated a chunk of parmesan cheese, using my KA mini food processor. Yesterday, I baked up two batches of cookies for company and my KA stand mixer made easy work of it. The cookies are sitting on my counter in a Lock and Lock pie taker. I prepped my menu for the week, including some new recipes from my Taste of Home cookbooks that I received recently.

DH and I will be going to the park for a walk later today. It's a little chilly, so I'll be grabbing one of my D&Co jackets.  I hadn't realized the influence QVC has on my life, but when I stop to think about it, it's pretty extensive.

Soooo many times I'm asked by friends where I purchased something. When I tell them it's QVC, their eyes glaze over and they immediately become disinterested.  Too bad for them.  I appreciate the quality items QVC has introduced to me.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Coming clean - my QVC life.....

[ Edited ]

@house_cat   I'm wearing a Nicki Butler (HSN) ring and am currently carrying a wine Oryany (Kaley) bag.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

LOL I'm wearing Muk Luk shearling socks.

Honored Contributor

You’re a fan , nothing wrong with that. I used to buy a lot more from the Q, but there are so many options for buying, my orders have decreased. However, I just vacuumed with my Shark and I’m wearing my Ecclissi watch.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Regular Contributor

I agree with you.  I have learned alot about all kinds of products over the years.  I have clothes that I enjoy wearing,  beauty items that I learn how to use by watching.  Kitchen items I would not have known were available.  The customer service has always been very good too.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am on my couch with a Berkshire Blanket. 

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  That sounds so familiar! Hahaha! As I sit here in my ITKWD apron I can understant you completely! And, @Lovs2shop  I agree about finding new things from QVC. I have found so many great items on QVC that I wouldn't have found otherwise. I've passed them along to greatful friends and family.

Esteemed Contributor

Me:  D&Co pants, Graver blouse, Isaac Mizrahi mules; Diamonique earrings, Dominique Dinouart ring, and another sterling ring from the Q, and a Steel By Design choker - sitting across from an Air Innovations stand fan - can see a Sencor pastel blue toaster and a Temp-tations utensil holder and bread basket from where I am sitting at the computer.  The list of Temptations pieces I own and use on a daily basis is too long to start on . . .

I see Prepology and Kuhn Rikon knives and set of shears in the utensil holder, and two pendent lights that hang from strings, hanging on the cupboard knobs.  David's 1st and 2nd cookbooks are on top of the fridge.  A Temp-tations napkin holder is on the kitchen table.  S&P, pepper ginders, creamer set, fruit bowl, on the counter.

I wore a D&Co vest when I went for my walk today.  Oh oh oh!  Looking out the French door I see a Ballymorris (Ireland) bird feeder, and on a table near me a set of Eirewood (Ireland) coasters.  How could I forget the Air Innovations humidifier running in the next room?

There's more, and this is a small slice.  Yes,  @house_cat, QVC has made some inroads here, too!  I know what you mean, when people ask for the source of my stuff - they often get quizzical.  It was like when I taught Jazzercise (excellent program and very current and the thong leotards and leg warmers are long gone); people would go, really?  That's still around?

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I am on my couch with a Berkshire Blanket. 

===

To which I'll add, wearing my Stan Herman pajamas @icezeus .

Valued Contributor

I'm sittng here and I'm wearing a pair of Women with Control pants.  LOL!  Not too long ago I was sitting at my desk at work and took a little coffee break.  While I gazed down at my jewelry I realized the rings, bracelet, top, pants, shoes and right down to the Amazing Grace I sprayed on was all QVC.  The only thing that wasn't was my unmentionables!  Man LOL