Valued Contributor

Re: Come on Web Team - How on EARTH can QVC

both my computer and my iPad jump around from forum to. forum with no prompting from me---not a big deal, but a deal
Super Contributor

On 10/31/2014 kachina624 said: Some poster asked how she could find a QF pillow that Angel mentioned. I put Quacker Factory Pillow in the search bar and got 512 results. If one was a pillow, I didn't have the time or the patience to find it.

I've had the same issue, searching for "honora earrings" or similar. The search finds everything that's "honora" and everything that's "earrings", resulting in way too many irrelevant results. I can go to "earrings" and then select "Honora" from the brands, which would probably work for the Quacker Factory pillow issue, but basically the search box is useless, that's the real problem.

Trusted Contributor

What device and what browsers are you guys using? I think their site leaves a lot to be desired but I don't experience any of the types of problems you've described. Maybe they fixed some of the issues since you posted these complaints? LOL

I searched for quacker factory pillow and got only one result. I tried it on my laptop in Chrome and IE 11 and both worked fine. So I tried it on my iPhone 6 plus (just got it last night) using Safari and it also worked fine.

It may be that you are using older browsers that aren't supported? If that's the case you should be able to upgrade your browsers for free. Check before you do it though since your devices may not support newer browsers. If you are using IE I recommend you download Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (both are free) and use them instead to see if the problems disappear.

Post back here to let us know how you make out. I'm really curious. I do NOT work for QVC but work in the software industry and I know IE is the bane of our existence Smiley Wink IE's upgrades are notorious for breaking Web sites and preventing them from working as expected. That may be the only problem you really have.

KJPA
Honored Contributor

On 11/4/2014 KJPA said:

What device and what browsers are you guys using? I think their site leaves a lot to be desired but I don't experience any of the types of problems you've described. Maybe they fixed some of the issues since you posted these complaints? LOL

I searched for quacker factory pillow and got only one result. I tried it on my laptop in Chrome and IE 11 and both worked fine. So I tried it on my iPhone 6 plus (just got it last night) using Safari and it also worked fine.

It may be that you are using older browsers that aren't supported? If that's the case you should be able to upgrade your browsers for free. Check before you do it though since your devices may not support newer browsers. If you are using IE I recommend you download Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (both are free) and use them instead to see if the problems disappear.

Post back here to let us know how you make out. I'm really curious. I do NOT work for QVC but work in the software industry and I know IE is the bane of our existence Smiley Wink IE's upgrades are notorious for breaking Web sites and preventing them from working as expected. That may be the only problem you really have.

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Hi, KJPA! Oh, yes, the site leaves a great deal to be desired.{#emotions_dlg.laugh} My work is in IT, too. I tried the search and got one result which was the QF pillow. (One possibility, however: when a product isn't available to list, I think their search function sometimes gives a list of other items.)

I usually don't get the glitches others report, but I'm probably overly careful about running the latest versions of all software and I delete cookies, cache, website data, at least once a day. I agree about IE, by the way -- I only use Firefox, Chrome, and Safari on my Mac.

In the end, however, this website has some glitches not cleared up by all these steps, and they seem to have new problems on a weekly (if not daily) basis. As mentioned in Post #12, we need a better, systematic method of reporting problems. And QVC needs to start responding to our concerns and taking steps to improve their technology.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

The entire reason I stumbled upon these forums in the first place, was in search of why I was experiencing technical difficulties when trying to order products with my iPad... 2 years later and things have only grown worse. Don't feel secure about storing a cc here either, so I only order by phone. Inexcusable, really.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/28/2014 dooBdoo said:

I agree with all of you. After they've had years of problems, years of complaints about the website, I'm baffled at their lack of improvement. And I still think they need to add a separate sub-forum dedicated to reports of website glitches, and one that appears when we choose "View All Categories" to allow more posters to see the threads. As it is, we're using the Feedback feature, the "Contact Us" phone number/email, a live chat, various email addresses, or we post on any and all of the various sub-forums. And nothing is accomplished except an accelerated level of frustration. Why would a large corporation have such an informal, haphazard technical reporting system?

QVC, are you listening to any of us?{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I'm about to the point of believing that they don't want our assistance in revealing/reporting all of the website issues. I'm by no means an IT expert, far from it, but when I see problems and read of others' issues, I genuinely want to help out. I'm tired of typing out my suggestions or experiences into what seems to be thin air.

Trusted Contributor

Hey dooBdoo!! I hesitated posting my response because you reported issues as well as all the others. I know from previous posts that you are very technically savvy. You are also a good teacher, which isn't easy to do on a forum Smiley Wink

Honestly so many of the problems I deal with daily are IE related, due to an older browser or just IE in general. I know the developers try to cover all their bases but MS is always pulling the rug out from under them. The other browser have a more stable base than IE as I'm sure you know. I have to use IE for some work stuff but I avoid it like the plague for personal stuff. If any of the forum users are having problems due to IE I can feel for the Q's Web team. But as you said there are so many other issues. They do need to get their act together Smiley Wink

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

KJPA
Respected Contributor

I feel for the Q-Team, too, because CLEARLY this website is not a budget priority. I can excuse it on the Community end much easier than the retail, from a business objective.