Respected Contributor

Re: Come on QVC!!!! Magnolia pudding . . .

It’s not ice cream, it’s pudding. Like banana pudding but with strawberry.

Magnolia Bakery has less than a dozen locations nationwide. This product is not available for shipping. I don’t care if you can walk into any of their locations and buy a bucket of this stuff because their locations are not accessible to me anyway.

Such fussing. Some of you are past your time with QVC and it shows.
Respected Contributor

Furthermore, I’d argue the shipping is free. If you would Door Dash a bucket of this, I’m sure with surcharged and tip, you’d pay more than $67.
Respected Contributor

I dont know, Ive seen Mama Mancini meatballs in one of the membership stores and they are 1/3 the price sold here.  

Respected Contributor

That price does seem really high for a tub of pudding.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChillyTulip wrote:

I just watched the presentation for the Magnolia strawberry pudding. Both Rachel and the Magnolia rep said the 1/2 gallon size that they are advertising is NOT available in stores which is a flat out LIE. I know because I have a container in my refrigerator right now. They also have a larger size available for pick up as well. The kicker was I paid $53 for the same product that QVC is offering at a $67 price point. So you aren't getting "free" shipping like they claim.

They also lie about availablity of products at Juniors as well. The Christmas cheesecake comes to mind (it's always available in the store).

Just another reason to not trust what these hosts say and in this case, the vendor as well. Shame on both of them.

@ChillyTulip 

I hope people don't think that there's such a thing as "free" shipping.  Even if you don't see a shipping charge listed, SOMEONE is paying the shipping company to ship it.  

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  - I also don't believe that the Q would deliberately lie about anything.  I don't jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts.

I agree with @San Antonio Gal  and @Tinkrbl44 

QVC has a Legal dept that is NOT going to let them knowingly flat out lie about anything.

They often have flavors, varieties, sizes, pack ups, exclusives, combos etc that are NOT sold elsewhere.  So in those cases they can make statements.

Wouldn't throw out accusations when I probably didn't catch the details.

Lowest prices 'we found' ....leaves the door open ....

I order a lot of food from Q and have found the quality AND prices to be equal or  better than elsewhere.  Ordering direct from the vendor is often higher priced  by time you add in their shipping charge. 

Sure, I can get cheaper products for less at Walmart, but you need to make a full comparison.

And if I don't like it?  Easy credit.

Having been an executive at a huge international corporation, my opinion is you have way too much faith in Q, a huge corporation.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart 

Well, I have shopped since CVN and they have never 'done me wrong' !

If the time comes that I can no longer 'have faith' in the company, I'll move on.

I have a long list of companies I boycott, but QVC has given me no reason to add them to my list.

Shop where you want!

I still work for a large corporation and with few exceptions, my opinions remain the same.

You worked for a company that gave you such a down view....and I know they are out there...a LOT of them.  However, mine is not and I do not now, nor did I ever believe all of Corporate America is evil.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@CalminHeart 

Well, I have shopped since CVN and they have never 'done me wrong' !

If the time comes that I can no longer 'have faith' in the company, I'll move on.

I have a long list of companies I boycott, but QVC has given me no reason to add them to my list.

Shop where you want!

I still work for a large corporation and with few exceptions, my opinions remain the same.

You worked for a company that gave you such a down view....and I know they are out there...a LOT of them.  However, mine is not and I do not now, nor did I ever believe all of Corporate America is evil.

Are you in a position to know what goes on behind closed doors? I was. I could tell you things that would curl your hair. 

I had a great career. But that doesn't mean the corporation did the right things. I was luckier than most.

It is sad how naive people are about big corporations these days.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart 

Yes, I am.  For 20 years now.

I am not naive.

Honored Contributor

I never buy because of  supposed exclusivity in price or whatever.  Colors only at QVC until Fall?  Who cares, really?