Super Contributor

Come on QVC!!!! Magnolia pudding . . .

I just watched the presentation for the Magnolia strawberry pudding. Both Rachel and the Magnolia rep said the 1/2 gallon size that they are advertising is NOT available in stores which is a flat out LIE. I know because I have a container in my refrigerator right now. They also have a larger size available for pick up as well. The kicker was I paid $53 for the same product that QVC is offering at a $67 price point. So you aren't getting "free" shipping like they claim.

They also lie about availablity of products at Juniors as well. The Christmas cheesecake comes to mind (it's always available in the store).

Just another reason to not trust what these hosts say and in this case, the vendor as well. Shame on both of them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Come on QVC!!!! Magnolia pudding . . .

@ChillyTulip, that is so true. The Family Farms chicken is available at my local grocery store for $6.99. It costs a great deal more at QVC.

Occasional Contributor

Even the bottles of Tejava tea are sold at the dollar store near my house for $1.25. I bought 2 different flavors and now I know I probably won't be buying it again. 

Respected Contributor

Grandma's Coffee Cakes are also sold at our high end grocer with typical high prices for $15.

Honored Contributor

@ChillyTulip wrote:

I just watched the presentation for the Magnolia strawberry pudding. Both Rachel and the Magnolia rep said the 1/2 gallon size that they are advertising is NOT available in stores which is a flat out LIE. I know because I have a container in my refrigerator right now. They also have a larger size available for pick up as well. The kicker was I paid $53 for the same product that QVC is offering at a $67 price point. So you aren't getting "free" shipping like they claim.

They also lie about availablity of products at Juniors as well. The Christmas cheesecake comes to mind (it's always available in the store).

Just another reason to not trust what these hosts say and in this case, the vendor as well. Shame on both of them.

@ChillyTulip 

It's entirely possible that these people were told the truth ... and then the company later changed how and where they wanted their products sold.   

Why would they deliberately lie when it could be found out?  Seems like a communication snafu, frankly.

Just curious ... what could you possibly do with a half gallon of pudding before it would spoil?  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  - I also don't believe that the Q would deliberately lie about anything.  I don't jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The hosts will say anything to sell a product. Fluff, embellishment or lie.

Honored Contributor

I would never buy food from Q, but especially because it's almost always more expensive when comparing the prices on the vendor's website or locally and looking for promo codes. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  - I also don't believe that the Q would deliberately lie about anything.  I don't jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts.

I agree with @San Antonio Gal  and @Tinkrbl44 

QVC has a Legal dept that is NOT going to let them knowingly flat out lie about anything.

They often have flavors, varieties, sizes, pack ups, exclusives, combos etc that are NOT sold elsewhere.  So in those cases they can make statements.

Wouldn't throw out accusations when I probably didn't catch the details.

Lowest prices 'we found' ....leaves the door open ....

I order a lot of food from Q and have found the quality AND prices to be equal or  better than elsewhere.  Ordering direct from the vendor is often higher priced  by time you add in their shipping charge. 

Sure, I can get cheaper products for less at Walmart, but you need to make a full comparison.

And if I don't like it?  Easy credit.

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ChillyTulip wrote:

@ChillyTulip 

It's entirely possible that these people were told the truth ... and then the company later changed how and where they wanted their products sold.   

Why would they deliberately lie when it could be found out?  Seems like a communication snafu, frankly.

Just curious ... what could you possibly do with a half gallon of pudding before it would spoil?  

It is ice cream !!