Honored Contributor

Re: Come on QVC LET US CANCEL OUR "in process" items!!

[ Edited ]

@jlrbr wrote:
Why are we having these problems? Serious question....is it the merger with HSN? Anyone?

@jlrbr 

HSN had been in trouble for years with real issues regarding sales declines and so yes HSN is an albatross around QVC's neck now that they've been combined into Qurate....BUT QVC had also reached a point where their US revenues and sales were flat and then started to decline as well and that was just in the U.S. ....Internationally they got rid of their QVC affiliate in France...so things werent exactly hunky dory for QVC either....

Also Zulilly had been doing really well with 13% increases in sales and then 7%...and then suddenly they bottomed out too.....And they were counting on Zulilly to bring in a younger demographic/young families....Zulilly carries childrens clothes and products etc.

And along with HSN they inherited additional companies, Grandin Road, Garnet Hill, Frontgate that werent doing too well either....

But the merger according to Mike George was made thinking it would help them compete with Amazon and other retailers and gain more market share etc etc since QVC and HSN each attract a slightly different audience...

You can read all the details on their parent company, LibertyInteractive website...and HomeShoppingnista Blog by Linda Moss, go back through the years of her blog and type in QVC or HSN and a year in the search bar...and also read interviews with QVC Execs in the financial journals....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Thank you!!
Frequent Contributor

In looking at tracking I've noticed items are sitting in postal service offices and "batched" to be picked up all together on some sort of schedule.  This seems to happen on shipping and on returns.  

Regular Contributor

I agree!  I received an email this morning about an order I placed a while back.  Honestly I have been so busy I kind of forgot about it.  I ordered two of the QVC 2 Big Deal NFL pullovers that I wanted to wear to a football party on Sunday.  Guess that won't be happening!! 

It is what it is!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got an email 2 days ago that my item actually wasn't in stock and they may not get anymore. However I can't cancel the order and get the message that the order is too far in the process and is being prepared for shipping. Nonsense. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree.  We should be allowed to cancel an order within three hours, and then, beyond that point, within three days if the item is still "in process."   Nearly every company I shop with online ships within three days.  

Honored Contributor

I would not have a problem with no cancellation IF THEY SAID THAT in large type when you placed your order.  It should be a choice you had to make maybe or at least noted by place your order.

It is rotten not to tell people that in advance then not let them cancel. 

Valued Contributor

every time i read an article that says 'so and so company is doing such and such to compete with amazon', i just laugh. mainly because amazon makes way more money from their cloud business then they do, selling products. and amazon also makes a ton of money from their marketplace sellers and their prime subscriptions. most other companies are only selling products online.

and lets not forget, amazon also sells more books and movies then probably any other online web site. they also have tons of products that are less than $30, which seems to be a sweet spot for many online shoppers. and dare i say, free shipping on orders that are at least $25.

how many fulfillment centers does amazon have?

on amazon, i can order toothpaste, lead for my refillable pencils, a book, le creuset, a reasonably priced dress, a generator, a tiny house, clothes for a man and and air fryer oven. where else, other then maybe walmart, can you order such a variety of products from one web site?

walmart is as about as close at it gets to amazon in terms of the quantity of products. and they have FREE next day deliver for orders that are at least $35.

so, if companies are not in ALL of the lines of business that amazon is in, i'm not sure how they are competing.

no offense, but qvc does not have enough products and price points to be in the same arena, in my opinion.

the last i checked, qurate (qvc, hsn etc) is the 3rd largest online seller. not bad, but to me, they aren't in the same category as amazon, because they have a limited product line and charge for shipping.

while not always the case back in the day, these days, many of the products are also on amazon or another web site.

what qvc had was more quality and higher end products, like le creuset and clarisonic and easy pay. but now, those companies also have many or all of their products on amazon.

and lately, i've seen web sites that have easy pay. actually, it's called 'after pay'. the difference is they bill you every 2 weeks with a max of 4 payments. to me, that's the same as 2 qvc easy payments. i would not be surprised if soon, amazon doesn't start offering some type of easy pay also.

i don't think qvc et al, is going out of business any time soon. but they need to keep up with the times, in terms of returns, shipping costs, product lines, etc. and don't get me started on the current shipping fiasco.

Honored Contributor

The biggest problem is the "in process" delay that takes forever and seems to be getting worse.  This is a serious problem.

The secondary problem is that ridiculous method of going from to UPS to the post office which delays the parcel at least two days.

Most of us on the boards have identified this problem for the Q at least a million times.  Why after YEARS of this issue are they unable (or unwilling?) to solve it??

Truthfully, the Q shouldn't even be charging for shipping as they have the worst delivery time of all dot coms.

Valued Contributor

Amazon delivery is incredible. Fulfillment centers are everywhere. These fulfillment centers were built with the latest technology. Money was definitely invested. I hate to think of the money I've spent at QVC. But no more. They've lost my trust.