Respected Contributor

Is there anything more boring than hearing and seeing the host and guest repeat the color names and quantity left, over and over. Who needs that many colors? How about fewer colors with simple names? Maybe this was not as noticeable when products were not on screen for so long. I know making it seem like items are scarce is a sales tactic. Also who needs two or three of the same item? People are trying to reduce clutter and QVC is adding more stuff. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Colors and Quantities

[ Edited ]

If I really, really like an item, I'll buy it in several colors. Would imagine that is the thought process behind going over the various colors.

OR, simply helping the customer decide which color to select (giving them time to look in their closet) from among the variety of choices being offered if only able to purchase one color.  

ETA: Frankly, never have figured out why hosts insist on telling us the quantity sold out. It doesn't matter to me . . . and certainly doesn't influence my decision to purchase one way or the other. I'm not going to purchase any quicker if sales are going through the roof!! I don't need anything that bad to be pressured by a sales pitch. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@chessylady.  QVC is not forcing anyone to buy anything.  If I want to buy clutter, that's my business.  The recitation of color names is probably not boring to the person poised to order waiting to find what name her chosen color is called.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

No need to take a comment personally...

Esteemed Contributor

I'd imagine it's difficult to strike a balance between sharing information that new viewers need to know and not being redundant for seasoned viewers. For example, just during In the Kitchen with David, there's an average of 500-800 new shoppers per show (and on days when there's a kitchen-specific TSV, that number sometimes doubles). So even with thousands of previous shoppers tuning in, there are still a lot of people who will be interested in learning about the zillions of colors of Temp-tations and Lock & Lock.

That said, I do agree that most presentations are too long and the colors are often recited too many times instead of focusing on the sizes, volumes, or other features that are at least as important if not more important.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

Is there anything more boring than hearing and seeing the host and guest repeat the color names and quantity left, over and over. Who needs that many colors? How about fewer colors with simple names? Maybe this was not as noticeable when products were not on screen for so long. I know making it seem like items are scarce is a sales tactic. Also who needs two or three of the same item? People are trying to reduce clutter and QVC is adding more stuff. 

Especially when the same colors are still there two weeks later lol.

Honored Contributor

Re: Colors and Quantities

[ Edited ]

I dont mind if an item has lots of colors and the hosts goes through them a couple time....It's when an item has 5 colors and the host goes over them again, and again, and again....it's like the only thing they know about the product and David is the worst offender....followed by Amy Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@chessylady 

Hi Chessy!  I buy most of my clothes from Talbots.  They have a pima knit 3/4 sleeve shirt as a regular item.  I buy that very basic shirt over and over, mostly in black and white, and a different color when I'm feeling wild.  LOL!  It's a perfect weight, not too heavy for summer and not too light for winter.