Honored Contributor

Colleen Lopez No Longer Listed as HSN Host?

I just noticed that Colleen Lopez is no longer listed on HSN as a show host.  

I haven't seen either QVC or HSN in weeks because of a hectic schedule.  I knew Colleen has said she was no longer going to be working weekends after 28 years and that she was going to be putting more time into her own lines.

However, I went to see when she is hosting again and she's gone from the host line-up.  Very odd after she specifically said she wasn't going anywhere when people were asking after her announcement of her schedule cut back.     

Honored Contributor

Re: Colleen Lopez No Longer Listed as HSN Host?

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I just noticed that Colleen Lopez is no longer listed on HSN as a show host.  

I haven't seen either QVC or HSN in weeks because of a hectic schedule.  I knew Colleen has said she was no longer going to be working weekends after 28 years and that she was going to be putting more time into her own lines.

However, I went to see when she is hosting again and she's gone from the host line-up.  Very odd after she specifically said she wasn't going anywhere when people were asking after her announcement of her schedule cut back.     

She's not required to inform the public of her personal choices or decisions.  Let's face it, she's ready to retire along with her line of clothing.  I think you'll see more seasoned hosts leaving to make room for newer, fresher ones.

Honored Contributor

I would be very surprised if she just retired like that without saying anything after all of these years!

I truly hope she isn't gone, I really enjoy her as a host-very professional, yet warm and informative... She is one of my favs on HSN.....

Hopefully something will be said soon-maybe she is just taking some time off.....   

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I would be very surprised if she just retired like that without saying anything after all of these years!

I truly hope she isn't gone, I really enjoy her as a host-very professional, yet warm and informative... She is one of my favs on HSN.....

Hopefully something will be said soon-maybe she is just taking some time off.....   

@CANDLEQUEEN she's been with HSN for 28 years and seems to be a very popular host so I would be surprised if there was no announcement about this.  Especially given the fact she answered questions about her reduced schedule and said she isn't going anywhere.

I follow her in Instagram and just noticed that her Instagram is now Colleenlopezcollections.  She doesn't say anything about being a host on HSN.  It says she's a fashion & jewelry curator and creator for HSN.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva   Yep.  There are a couple of other threads discussing this.  Colleen first said she was just cutting back her schedule, now she's off the host page completely.  Plus, she changed all her social media names by taking HSN off.

Colleen has been an HSN host for 28 years (I think) and HSN had lots of celebration shows for her last on-air anniversary. But now nothing???

Not coincidentally, both QVC and HSN have new Presidents as of March 2, 2022 (I'm not referring to the new Qurate CEO who came on board last Fall).  

Perhaps new policies or decisions came down and Colleen was not in the plan as a host.  All so strange.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva There was just another thread about this very recently.  Everyone is wondering the same thing.  But as mentioned she has been there a long time and is most likely cutting back, can't say I blame her.  I do think she will continue designing her line of clothing but I think it will be in the background now.  She's in a league of her own as a host.

Honored Contributor

Host gone vendor. Happens quite often.

Honored Contributor

There is another thread on this from a couple of days ago.  I don't think she is leaving HSN completely.  Just won't be hosting and appears she will concentrate on her own line of clothing and jewelry.

I will miss her as a host.  One of the very best ever.

Honored Contributor

Anyone know where Amy Morrison has been, she has not been on in several weeks, I know it is not our biz, but just curious. 

Trusted Contributor

If I remember correctly, Mindy Mccortney,  Bob Ciscosta and Bill Green did the same.  They were long time hosts then went behind the scenes too.  Probably what Colleen is doing.