Respected Contributor

@KCH662   I wouldn't jam a bag in my mailbox to return for the mail person to have to pick up as it gets all crampled to fit.  I like the boxes as the mail person can't jam them in my mailbox either.  I do recycle the boxes if I don't need them for a return or for something else and I do take my returns to the post office and place on the dock and if it is an expensive item I take inside to get a receipt.

My usual mail person will put the bags on my porch but now I get different younger mail delivery people and they do jam the bags in the mailbox and I don''t like it.  Items come in better condition when shipped in a box.

Honored Contributor

Re: Clothes in boxes

[ Edited ]

@KathyM23 wrote:

@KCH662   I wouldn't jam a bag in my mailbox to return for the mail person to have to pick up as it gets all crampled to fit.  I like the boxes as the mail person can't jam them in my mailbox either.  I do recycle the boxes if I don't need them for a return or for something else and I do take my returns to the post office and place on the dock and if it is an expensive item I take inside to get a receipt.

My usual mail person will put the bags on my porch but now I get different younger mail delivery people and they do jam the bags in the mailbox and I don''t like it.  Items come in better condition when shipped in a box.

@KathyM23 

I have watched our mailman here at work spent 10 mins wrapping a million rubber bands around my QVC box just so he can hang it on the flag.  SMH

I'd rather have a crammed bag!  At least it isn't hanging on the outside of the mailbox in a snow or rain storm!   LOL

I am going to wash it first anyways...so krunkling isn't that big of deal to me.

Here, you must cut all boxes into very small squares b4 you are allowed to put them in a recyle bin.  Sorry, but it is really hard on my hands to do so.  Boxes just pile up.

I reuse the QVC bags over and over again since grocery bags are banned in NY.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@KathyM23 wrote:

@KathyM23 

I have watched our mailman here at work spent 10 mins wrapping a million rubber bands around my QVC box just so he can hang it on the flag.  SMH

I'd rather have a crammed bag!  At least it isn't hanging on the outside of the mailbox in a snow or rain storm!   LOL

I am going to wash it first anyways...so krunkling isn't that big of deal to me.

Here, you must cut all boxes into very small squares b4 you are allowed to put them in a recyle bin.  Sorry, but it is really hard on my hands to do so.  Boxes just pile up.

I reuse the QVC bags over and over again since grocery bags are banned in NY.

@RespectLife 

Check out:

V36297   Worx 4V Cordless Zip Snip Rotary Cutter

It's worth the price for cutting up boxes.  I got mine on Amazon for less, I think.
Honored Contributor

@KCH662 wrote:

That is what I meant.  I can't put a box in my mailbox to be returned, so have to go to the post office, very inconvenient.  

@KCH662 I'm not sure if they will do this in your neighborhood but in mine you can schedule USPS to stop at your home to pick up a package on your porch by the front door.   

There is no additional fee for them to do so.  Just go to the website and schedule a pick up.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

Well, that's a handy gadget!

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Yesterday I got a QVC clothing item and it was in a plastic bag.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@KCH662 wrote:

That is what I meant.  I can't put a box in my mailbox to be returned, so have to go to the post office, very inconvenient.  

i reuse plastic mailing bags and padded pouches......from any source.

you dont HAVE to ship it back in a box if that is the way you received it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

@KCH662  I agree with you totally. Also, if they shipped 5 items and one has to go back, you have to package up a LG box and then let it sit in your house until you get a return label mailed to you.  Really QVC?  They are wasting my time!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They don't routinely ship clothes in boxes but I did get several items shipped together and they came in a box.  

Is there anything about which people won't complain?  What earthly difference does it make?  Just be glad you got it.

I agreeSmiley Happy