Esteemed Contributor

Thanks QVC for closing the comments.  The insults were ridiculous 

Respected Contributor

Re: Closed Comments on Shawn

@lousgirl84 wrote:

Thanks QVC for closing the comments.  The insults were ridiculous 

@Teddixat  I agree with you.  In fact, the insults and negativity toward hosts, vendors, etc...on here is outrageous.  Yes, people are entitled to their opinions but to purposely tear down others is so heartbreaking.  During recent weather occurences that can change or even take lives "in a instant" and other circumstances, it would be so nice to read posts that lift other up not tear them down.  You never know what others are going through in thier personal lives, so I hope to be an encourager rather than a source of pain for others.

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Trusted Contributor

I agree ~ THANK YOU!!

Sometimes when reading these forums I feel like I'm on the playground at recess.........too many mean girls : (

Contributor

I didn't see the comments about Shawn, but I have seen way too many negative, mean criticisms of the hosts on this site...I used to come here to get reviews about PRODUCTS and found it enlightening.  I personally love Shawn and think she does a great job...she has a vitality the QVC needed.  In my opinion (and only my opinion) I think the most unhappy people tend to criticize others and fail to look at themselves.  Just sayin' some people can be so cruel, but I do believe that the positive often does not get expressed here and if it does, WHAM there's always someone to criticize and express their negativity with that poster.

Respected Contributor

I didn't see the original thread but if it was about her appearance on the New York show, I saw nothing wrong with it. I thought she looked gorgeous. I've lurked a long time on these boards before posting and the number of women here who do nothing but tear each other down and make snarky and rude comments is astonishing. It's like being in the hallways of middle and high school again. There are some things to be annoyed about, like over-the-top and obnoxious hosting techniques, treating vendors rudely, but sometimes, you just have to let things go and change the channel if you get so worked up over petty things!

New Contributor

What you speak of others, you also speak of yourself!!! Everything works better with love!

Respected Contributor

I did not see it, but people on television always get comments about how they look.  It is part of the job.

It's rather unrealistic to expect it won't happen.  I think they KNOW it's part of the job and either ignore it or not take it too seriously.

Gosh, there must be saints here!

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

I didn't see the original thread but by starting another thread, you are basically restarting a closed thread and run the risk of the comments being continued.

Honored Contributor

If the hosts didn't offer so much personal information, there probably wouldn't be so many pro and con comments that leads to comments being closed. 

Frequent Contributor

I personally didn't care for her hairstyle on the NY show but but I do love her daily hairstyle and color. And yes she is a little quirky but since Lisa Robertson left I have found watching some to be a chore and a bore. At least Shawn brings some fun and light to the shows. I like her style and her taste. No need to make rude comments about them or any host. It's their jobs.