Regular Contributor

Re: Clearance items becoming full price again.

It's absurd.  Plus, it makes no sense ... as if some computer program is randomly playing with pricing.  Example, a very old Isaac scarf that I watch on my "wish list", has been on clearance forever.  It's an old inventory item, they're not remaking it.  Price was 10.99.  Last week it went to 41.00.  Apparently, QVC thinks we don't notice???? Well, we are not stupid.  Clearance is clearance.  This wasn't on an "introductory" price or a "one time only" price.  I think QVC should be forced to release/post their various pricing policies.  Right now, we have no earthly idea how to predict what an item will be priced as.  And, then i read that customer service has started refusing to honor price adjustments when an item gets marked down within the 30 days purchase period.  What? Well, QVC if you stopped playing with prices so much, we wouldn't have to call.  Example, a Denim & Co lace up top, came into inventory 1st in the $40s, then went up to $53, then down to $29.99 ... all within 30 days.  And silly me, i bought at all price points, because i not longer buy in multiples at first (sizing etc so unreliable ive stopped buying in multiples to avoid multiples returns).   But, I digress, so as a customer coming back to buy another color, it's fairly disconcerting to have to pay a higher price and then have the same item get reuced by a lot the next week.  Doesn't make for good customer relationships.

New Contributor

I purchased some sports bras for 8.99. It's been less than 2 months and they are now 25.00. WTH? I contacted QVC and was told it's part of the new pricing policy that QVC no longer matches it's own prices. I was told I could look it up on the website, but haven't been able to locate it. Just wondering how long this policy has been in effect. Seems like BS to me. I just recently made my 2nd purchase ever with QVC and I am thinking it's my last.
New Contributor

Add-on; I checked the price less than 2 weeks ago, and the bras were still 8.99. But they wanted 10.00 to ship a 9.00 item, so I waited for free shipping (today.) Now the price has more than doubled to 25.00. Essentially that means shipping is 16.00 PER BRA.
Valued Contributor

Last week I saw an "as is" item, no return, for $9.99, $5.50 shipping plus tax of $.62 which would have been $16.11. I wasn't really sure if I wanted to get it but today with free shipping I plugged in the item number and the price is $24.99 plus tax of $1.56 for a total of $26.55.  In addition, there were three other items I was going to get on the free shipping day but I had written down the prices from during the week and each of those items came out to be a higher price with free shipping than if I had bought them outright.  Needless to say, I passed on everything, and will be extra cautious going forward. 

Trusted Contributor

On Sundays free shipping day while shopping online I saw a set of 2 lanterns that I had bought 4 months ago.

I paid $25.53 with free shipping.

Now $102 with free shipping.

Item # H268136 Bright Bazaar by Will Taylor

Very Nice lanterns but not worth $102. 😳
Honored Contributor

What QVC is doing is absurd.  Sure, they can do whatever they want, BUT they will ultimately lose the customer's TRUST!  This is the price they will pay when this trust is broken.  The pricing games they are playing are absurd.  I personally refuse to play them.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Franell wrote:

A pair of Idina Menzel joggers went from $25 to $75 dollars. Can anyone explain these crazy price fluctuations?

It's called Shopping Games....