Honored Contributor

Are the clearance prices going up after Jan 2nd?  It does say until Jan 2nd but not sure if it's the easy pay only or both.

Honored Contributor

Not sure when the prices expire but from what I've seen in clearance shows so far I've not seen any clearance prices, still as high as ever.

Honored Contributor

Yes.  It says also enjoy 6 easy pay.

Esteemed Contributor

Easy Pay is not a sale.  And the "clearance" prices I'm seeing on the D&Co show this morning are not clearance prices to me - not much discount from the original prices.  I haven't watched QVC since late October because of all the "great gifts" shows so was looking forward to seeing some sales after the holidays.  So far, I'm disappointed.

(If they really want to give me a "clearance," they could throw in free shipping - ha!  I don't ask too much, do I?)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

If you want real clearance prices go to Macys Penny's or Kohls. These Q prices are not clearance in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the suggestions.  There are a few things on clearance that I think are good deals and wanted to know if the prices will go up after the 2nd.  QVC tends to raise the "clearance" prices which I never understood why.  Usually clearance means a low price until it is gone.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky Since the Q and HSN are sister channels (so to speak), I wish the Q would follow how HSN prices their clearance. They really know how to mark things down.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

Re: Clearance Prices

[ Edited ]

@Pecky wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions.  There are a few things on clearance that I think are good deals and wanted to know if the prices will go up after the 2nd.  QVC tends to raise the "clearance" prices which I never understood why.  Usually clearance means a low price until it is gone.

I've had things on my wish list go down for only a day.  So one morning I checked my list and found a couple of things at very good prices.  I debated waiting until I got home, but went ahead and ordered.  By the time I got home, the items had returned to the higher prices.  So if there is something I want and the price is good, I don't wait. 

I agree that I don't think they used to do this with prices.  Once it was reduced, it didn't go up again.  

Honored Contributor

The prices do go up.  I ordered a Peace Love World top a few days ago and it was on air today and the clearance price went up $4.50.