Frequent Contributor

Do any of you old timers like me remember Citiknits line of clothing? Renee's fabric reminds me of that. Wonder whatever happened to that.

Honored Contributor

@joanluvz wrote:

Do any of you old timers like me remember Citiknits line of clothing? Renee's fabric reminds me of that. Wonder whatever happened to that.

@joanluvz   It's living in my attic.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Renee's Attitudes seems like a resurrection of Citknits with updated styles under a new name. 

Honored Contributor

Haven't bought any of Renee's stuff but I still have and wear Citiknits pants.

Honored Contributor

I do, I bought a lot of it from Renee back in the olden days.  The fabrics she uses now are nothing at all like Citiknits but Slinky is still using that fabric in much of it's clothing.

Contributor

I remember Citiknits very well, had quite a few of those items.  Also came across a Jessica Holbrook pants/jacket set I had forgotten about way back in the closet that must be at least 20 years old.  Tried it on, just a little tight around the waist, but wearable. 

Honored Contributor

I do remember Citiknits, but my first and only experience wasn't good - I did find another brand of the acetate I could wear.  Like Citiknits, that other brand disappeared long ago.  I do still have a few pieces of Chcio's Travelers which are close, bit for the most part I wear denim or cotton now because my life is very casual.

Valued Contributor

I still have a few pieces that I wear, and they look great. I am a fan of Renee's clothes; the quality is just excellent and they wear like iron! I just received her recent TSV, the two maxi dresses; I ordered two sets, just like I did last time she had a maxi TSV.  I am tall, 5'9", so I love a maxi in Summer. I put a shawl or big scarf around my shoulders for the sleeveless dresses. So feminine and so pretty! I always get compliments. 

Honored Contributor

I do remember Citiknits with Renee as the rep.  I bought several pieces.  Had a plain black dress with a matching jacket that had a royal blue trim..  I wore that a lot.  Some of the pieces I had did not wash well.  Some I barely wore as (just like SG items) found that they were too big and baggy on me.   I have never purchased "women in control" items.

Contributor

I LOVED Citiknits and I enjoyed when Miranda was on as the rep.  Citiknits was Renee's creation, so if it seems familiar, that's why.  For those who've never heard her back story, check out an interview she did a while back. 

http://www.cuny.tv/show/buildingny/PR2001016