Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind the Christmas shows.......and prefer them to the usual weekend offerings..(beds, computers, dyson, wen, d& b, logo, philosophy,)........the only problem is they are sooooo repetitious........they just keep showing the same things over and over ...yesterday i checked in a couple times and it was the TSV and some other products that had been on a zillion times already that day....

Honored Contributor

momcat---that's my fav line from The Devil Wore Prada--I use it alot!!!

Seems to cover just about every situation, don't you think!!!?

Esteemed Contributor

When they are selling 80, 90, 100,000 or more of muliple products it would be a safe bet that the CIJ shows are wanted.

I like getting items that won't be available again during the season, like the candle rings I purchased that sold out after just a couple of airings. 

Same with the early season garden shows.  Some items are shown once only before selling out not to return again until maybe the next year.

I buy Christmas gifts all year long so I'm not faced with the expense of presents on top of food, seasonal donations, etc. at the end of the year when I also have car and homeowner's insurance, along with real estate taxes due.   I finished adult family gift shopping in February this year by taking advantage of low quantity specials of items that won't return during this calendar year (if ever).

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@GCR18

We DON'T watch~!

QVC programming for 48 hours on one-theme is extreme.    Let's break it up to 2 hr. segments...we love Christmas...but we want to "watch" a little variety for those who are not in the gift-giving or decorating mood in 90 degree heat & humidity.

Super Contributor

@lianne wrote:

Someone must be buying all those dust collecting tschakes or the Q wouldn't waste air time on them. 

I would think all the old customers would have attics or basements full of them by now. 

And, that basement full of stuff is now being sold on eBay as "vintage."  I can't tell you how many items I see with the explanation that the item was never opened. I even recognize some of it from both QVC and HSN. I just searched and there's a ton of stuff from Thomas Paconi.

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

@GCR18

We DON'T watch~!

QVC programming for 48 hours on one-theme is extreme.    Let's break it up to 2 hr. segments...we love Christmas...but we want to "watch" a little variety for those who are not in the gift-giving or decorating mood in 90 degree heat & humidity.

@seaBreeze

I didn't get a vote on how many hours of Christmas programming was scheduled.  I watched two shows this weekend, then changed the channel.  

Esteemed Contributor

Christmas is just about the only thing that I watch on qvc. 

Sometimes Marie Osmond, Susan Lucci.... depends whats abuzz on these boards.

other than that  nada. 

Contributor

Re: Christmas - in August too?

I agree!  I can see a little in July (not the whole month like it is now!) for fun - but now it's August and I guess we're going to do nothing but Christmas until December?  I think it's crazy and I don't watch.  

Today is August 25th and the TSV is Christmas lights!  Honora just put out their Christmas package of earrings - in August!  It's bizarre.  

I was annoyed last year because they had most of their Christmas TSV's in October and November and that seemed too early - but August?!  Nuts. 

I guess people are buying Christmas lights in August or they wouldn't sell them.  BTW - there is an easy way to fix this - if we as consumers didn't buy Christmas stuff until Nov/Dec - this would all stop!

I love QVC - some great products, love the hosts, love the experience of someone explaining the product - but I'll be taking a break until it's closer to Christmas!