Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas in June and July

I love decorating for holidays, especially Christmas, but I have so much already! 
I may watch if I am home but I will probably not buy unless something unique comes along that I cannot resist!  I have promised myself not to buy anything that uses batteries!  Fun to watch, but I won't stay home for it if it's a nice day and I would rather be outdoors!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Desertdi in my neck of the woods,it is also very hot.to hot even to grill outside.no,summer is not my friend

@Luvsmyfam     I hear ya!    I grew up in the Midwest....without the benefit of air conditioning.    No "central air" in those days.   di

Summer is the worst time of the year. It just drags on and on. One good thing is it's not real humid unless it's the day after a good monsoon rain.  Winter is much to short.

Trusted Contributor

I absolutely love it and can't wait. Of course, like others, I don't need a thing but I thoroughly enjoy the spirit of Christmas and watching CIJ and thinking of the upcoming holiday with my family and our time together. And, because I gift give to so many, I love to see ideas and start my shopping early. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, we know, you aren't the only one who has expressed the same sentiments every year about CIJ. 

For every program some don't like, there are others who do.  

I don't like some programming that's on all year, others do like it. It's willingness to share some hours of programming with other shoppers who like certain categories that I don't.

It sounds like it's unwillingness to share.  I mean, really, QVC having the nerve to interrupt shoppers' summers.  

Not sure how it interferes with their summers.  QVC doesn't turn it on by itself forcing anyone to watch.  Only you allow it into your home.  

Could it be you are watching QVC all the time and don't like programming interference of anything you don't like?

Honored Contributor

It's not Christmas in July; it's Christmas in July thru early December.  That's okay.  Saves me money.  

Honored Contributor

bah humbug!

I hate CIJ!

To those that like it...........enjoy!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

I like to watch but never buy anything.  It gives me some good ideas for decorating.  

Super Contributor

Already dreading it. It would be one thing if they did a single X-mas in July event and that was it but that's not the case. From now until the end of the year we are bombarded with X-mas programming. Too much.

Honored Contributor

I'll likely watch VPH shows and order her live wreath, if it's available.  I get one every year.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The people who buy Christmas items in July must have a lot of storage space to keep the items until December.