Respected Contributor

@LancerHawkFriar wrote:

unfortunately the Q has turned into one big infomercial. Same old product hyped into a frenzy of sales pitches. The only hosts that aren't in the carnival barker catagory are Jill Bauer, Sandra Bennett, Alberti Popaji,, Jayne Brown, Jennifer Coffey, Pat Dementrie and Antoinella Nestor. The rest are just screechy + loud.

QVC is a business and that business is SELLING.  Of course it's one big infomercial.  If you're looking for human interest or entertainment or news or whatever, you need to find another channel.

Esteemed Contributor

.... and somebody always has to say "turn the channel" like the rest of us aren't smart enough to do that.

Look, I rarely watch an entire show on QVC.  I usually switch to the Q when another channel I'm watching goes to commercial.  Husband makes fun of me saying I switch from one commercial to another.  Anyway, I do enjoy Leah's AM Style on Saturdays and have it on in the background while I do bookwork at my desk or clean the house.  I wasn't happy when I turned on the TV this morning and it was Christmas stuff.  So I switched to a news channel, which is so depressing, btw...... And then I came here to complain.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Occasional Contributor

I realize this is not religious programming however... as a Jewish woman, Christmas in July is not a draw for me. I love QVC as it keeps me company as well as providing a wealth of lovely things for me to shop. THIS is not a day for me as I know there will be no Hanukkah items shown.

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Turn the channel!  Sheesh!

Oh, clever comeback!!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I like watching Valerie and don't mind candles, garland and ornaments, but the TSV tree on constantly is a bit much...

Super Contributor

I personally believe QVC's CIJ shows are OOC, but clearly people are happy about it - they are watching and buying because every year they make a bigger and bigger deal of it. 

My QVC channel viewing drops dramatically July through December, LOL. 

Trusted Contributor

I usually enjoy the Christmas shows they have, but have to admit today's has been a big disappointment.  I joked on here not too long ago about how I hoped they wouldn't have those Kringle Express bags on and there it is!  Then the flashpad game.  Oh, well.  I guess I don't have to worry about my credit card melting from overuse this weekend.  (I did buy the TSV from yesterday in the cardinal and holly choices, though)!  Also hoping Valerie has some nice new things in tomorrow night's show!  :-)

Honored Contributor

I don't watch Q much anymore.   The last time I turned it on was the January gold day.  I can't stand Christmas shows in July, August, September or October.   Other than that, it's boring and repetitive to the point that I could quote the presentations.

The journey through the present days is more important than jumping on the holiday bandwagon.

Esteemed Contributor

Christmas in July is a weird concept to me. I mean who wants to look at these things when it is hot and humid and 90 outside. I do not watch much of QVC it has never been a form of entertainment for me so I could careless.Woman Indifferent

Esteemed Contributor

If you have insomnia these Christmas shows are the ones to watch.Woman LOL