Super Contributor

@@docsgirl

i find that show absurd too. Never watch

Esteemed Contributor

With everything going on in the world today, we have to find joy wherever and whenever we can!🥰 Christmas shows are a welcome distraction for me, and I look forward to them every year; this year so much more than last.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

The kickoff for Christmas in July should start in July.... 

@happilyretiredgirl 

I think it has started in June.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with the OP. Why is the Q calling this "Christmas in July" when it's still June?  And not just one day of Christmas stuff, but an entire weekend? Sales must really be down. 

Honored Contributor

I get Christmas in July even though they extend it all the way almost to Christmas.  And I've even come to expect Christmas starting in June.  But Christmas 24/7 starting in June?  We just had 24 hours of Christmas and tomorrow (6/26) looks like another 24 hours of Christmas.  Sheesh.

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas in July?

[ Edited ]

Years ago it was July 25 (my bday) and back then I used to look forward to it as many unique things were offered.

NOW it's same ole stuff but just turns into "gift giving" frenzy no matter what item it is.

I think of all the thousands of items the TSVs are disappointing.  Was hoping a big TSV for Sunday but it's chocolates ...food more food🤷‍♀️

It gets earlier and earlier to jump start sales💳💵💰I'm sure.  Other retailers are promoting it but July vs June which is no big deal.  Hobby Lobby has had Fall & some Christmas for awhile in my area.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It is just too soon for us!!!!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Trusted Contributor

I happen to enjoy the early shows, be it June or July.  However, this morning when I had it on they were showing Christmas trees.  My great grandson walked by, looked at the trees and asked me "Is this in America?"  Just an example of what I guess a 6 year old thinks lol.

New Contributor

Someone please explain to me the logic of ordering Christmas food items six months in advance. 

Why would I want to fill up my freezer now, especially when many food items do not do well in the freezer past a few months? 

Why have frozen and chocolate items riding around in a UPS truck all day in intense heat?

Trees and decor make some sense to promote early.  (Excluding candles, another bad shipping idea in summer), but the amount of food shown and repeated is ridiculous.

Perhaps QVC needs to take a summer vacation break if they are lacking in other more seasonally appropriate items to promote

Honored Contributor

With this sort of thing, they are usually offering FUTURE ship dates, perhaps one in Nov and one choice for Dec.